Kubota - L4455A - 4 POINT HITCH AND SUBFRAME and LA805 FEL

muttbarker

Equipment
Kubota L4060 HST, Snowblower, FEL, Rear Blade, 60" Grapple, 6' Bush Hog, Forks
Jan 24, 2022
Oakley, Utah
Hello - I have an L4060 that I just got in time for winter snowblowing. I took the blower off yesterday (thanks to the smart people on this forum who helped me figure out how). I now have a follow up question. I have the L4455A 4 point quick hitch for the snowblower. My long awaited backordered LA805 is finally coming in. So, do I need to remove the hitch and subframe to attach the FEL with a bucket on it? I poked around and saw this question raised a couple of times for other models and even then the answers weren't really definitive so I thought I would see if anyone knows.

Thanks,
Kevin

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The loader and 4 point hitch should both work at the same time as they do not share the same mount points.

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
Here's a Video from Neil regarding the subframe. Should give you some insight on how it is installed.

Reactions: 1 user

muttbarker

Equipment
Jan 24, 2022
Oakley, Utah
Hey Neil, thanks for sharing that. I did find that video yesterday and found it to be very helpful as to how the hitch is installed. If I do need to take it off I can reverse engineer the effort based on that video.

Kevin

wsurff

Equipment
L6060, Backhoe, Front Snow Blower, Grapple, Chipper, Box Blade
Oct 8, 2021
NJ
here are some notes from your L4455A four-point hitch and subframe manual(page 9).

"Important: detach the front loader boom before installing the subframe. The subframe and the front loader boom must never be installed simultaneously on the tractor.
Remove the grill guard from the front of the tractor before installing the subframe. The grill guard and subframe must never be installed simultaneously on the tractor."

Never thought about leaving the subframe on. I would imagine there might be some ground clearance issues associated with that as well.
Here is a description of the removal process I outlined for a previous post:
https://www.orangetractortalks.com/...bframe-for-l2195-snowblower.56700/post-535933

Reactions: 1 users

muttbarker

Equipment
Jan 24, 2022
Oakley, Utah
here are some notes from your L4455A four-point hitch and subframe manual(page 9).

"Important: detach the front loader boom before installing the subframe. The subframe and the front loader boom must never be installed simultaneously on the tractor.
Remove the grill guard from the front of the tractor before installing the subframe. The grill guard and subframe must never be installed simultaneously on the tractor."

Never thought about leaving the subframe on. I would imagine there might be some ground clearance issues associated with that as well.
Here is a description of the removal process I outlined for a previous post:
https://www.orangetractortalks.com/...bframe-for-l2195-snowblower.56700/post-535933
Thank you for the notes and also the link. I did not get a manual for my hitch and can't find one online. My dealer is pretty unresponsive but I will ask them again for one. I know I can probably buy one from Kubota but don't think I should have to.

Ground clearance is not that big a deal but is something to keep in mind. Right now the only implement I have that uses the hitch is my snowblower so I should probably just take it off using your documentation. Was just being lazy and also trying to avoid storing one more large heavy object in my utility building. :(

Kevin

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
Most of the time the guys installing the equipment toss the manuals since they have no use for them, so if you didn't get the operators manual, then someone tossed it and didn't give it to the sales guy. I asked for the loader install manual when I got my tractor since I will need it to install the 3rd function/QA Remote whenever it arrives.

If you ask some of the service guys in the back, they might have one lying around.

Reactions: 1 user

conropl

Equipment
L3560 HSDC
Oct 17, 2016
West Michigan
Won't work. The 4 point will interfere with the loader. There is not enough room between the load and the 4 point. It would be nice, and I would have left mine on if I could have.

wsurff

Equipment
L6060, Backhoe, Front Snow Blower, Grapple, Chipper, Box Blade
Oct 8, 2021
NJ
Thank you for the notes and also the link. I did not get a manual for my hitch and can't find one online. My dealer is pretty unresponsive but I will ask them again for one. I know I can probably buy one from Kubota but don't think I should have to.

Ground clearance is not that big a deal but is something to keep in mind. Right now the only implement I have that uses the hitch is my snowblower so I should probably just take it off using your documentation. Was just being lazy and also trying to avoid storing one more large heavy object in my utility building. :(

Kevin
Removing and installing subframe is not terribly difficult and doesn't take too much time. Also, it's relatively easy to store and move around on a couple of inexpensive HF dollies. The snowblower is a pretty expensive attachment. Your dealer should make an effort to get you a copy of the subframe manual if he wants your continued business.