Kubota L3560 series tractor with blower opinions?

JasonPE

Equipment
Snow
Dec 3, 2017
Argyle Shore PEI
I’m looking for advice on whether this tractor with the Kubota 74 inch snowblower would be a good purchase for a 1300 foot laneway in Canada? All advice is appreciated. Wondering whether this is the appropriate sized tractor bearing price in mind. Thanks.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
The owner's manual suggests a 67 inch snowblower for an L3560. Were you thinking front or rear mount? For that long of a drive front would be better. Cab? Not all models of 3560have the mid pto you'll need for front snowblower. The tractor should be plenty big enough with the right snowblower.

conropl

Equipment
L3560 HSDC
Oct 17, 2016
West Michigan
The newer front mount version L4479 is listed as an option for the L3560. It is 74".

I just picked one up from my dealer with a couple dozen hours on it... so got it for almost 1/2 price. Was looking for a plow blade and rear blower, but my dealer offered a great deal on a front mount blower (which is what I have always had for the last 25 years). I have not had a chance to use it yet this year because of a light winter so far this year. I did ask the Kubota rep also, and he said with the HST the worse case is you slow down if it bogs down in wet stuff. Would be more of a problem with a GST. I would think if you are dealing with cold light snow, then you would be OK but your power is on the small end of the requirement. If you could afford more power it would likely be helpful to make it go faster.

The upside with the front mount is it is so much easier in the neck and back than turning around. The main down sides is the frame and blower combo is huge and takes a lot a lot of space to store; and it is a bit of a pain to mount and dismount... my last blower (BX2750D) would take 5 minutes... This one takes 30 minutes, and it is a different alignment issue each time (I need to find a loose bolt somewhere I think).

Also, the L4479 is really heavy (and heavy duty) which I am concerned it will dig in to much while the ground is still unfrozen.

Good luck on your choice... unfortunately, I do not yet have enough personal experience with mine to help you much.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560 HSTC, Grader, Backhoe, Snow Plow, Pallet Forks
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
I've had my L3560HSTC for 3 yrs now and LOVE the heated cab in the winter. I always used my pick-up truck to plow and always ended up helping everyone that knew I had a plow. The trucks rotted out and I went with a front blade on my tractor. Works great along with my rear blade for smoothing out or when the ground is soft like the first and last storms of the year. My drive is close to the length of yours, 1000'. I have been toying with the thought of a rear blower, that way I can still use the blade or bucket on the front, you never know when you'll get so much snow you need to re-locate a snowbank.

Attachments

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
I've had my L3560HSTC for 3 yrs now and LOVE the heated cab in the winter. I always used my pick-up truck to plow and always ended up helping everyone that knew I had a plow. The trucks rotted out and I went with a front blade on my tractor. Works great along with my rear blade for smoothing out or when the ground is soft like the first and last storms of the year. My drive is close to the length of yours, 1000'. I have been toying with the thought of a rear blower, that way I can still use the blade or bucket on the front, you never know when you'll get so much snow you need to re-locate a snowbank.
Your setup is very similar to mine, except I have 7 foot rear LP blade.
I do have a 6 foot rear blower that only gets used every couple of years or so, but when needed it is awesome. After out NE blizzard of 2015 I was the only machine out and working for the first 3 days. Unfortunately that was with my previous open station L3410 tractor... miserable.
Anyway... hard to beat front and rear blades!

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560 HSTC, Grader, Backhoe, Snow Plow, Pallet Forks
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
I see you have the 4060, I wanted to go with that but the height was just a little too much and I couldn't get it in the barn. My 3560 fits with just 1/2" clearance thru the overhead door.

DevilDog

Equipment
L3540 HST3, 72" Woods Rear Finishing Mower, L3584" Land Pride BB, 72" York Rake,
Feb 1, 2011
upstate N.Y.
I’m looking for advice on whether this tractor with the Kubota 74 inch snowblower would be a good purchase for a 1300 foot laneway in Canada? All advice is appreciated. Wondering whether this is the appropriate sized tractor bearing price in mind. Thanks.

I have a L3540 and do three drives that are about 250 feet each. The LA2674 sometimes on back of my Grand L blew the 25" snow we received last year without a burp.You have a hydro so 74" rear snow blower will work so well on you Grand L.
DevilDog