Kubota L3560 and Grand L 60 Series Winter Front Covers Now Available

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
I was asked to make a set of winter front covers for this person’s Kubota L3560 Limited Edition tractor that he had just taken delivery of. That is one NICE tractor.
Kubota L3560 LE.jpg
I believe one plan for it is in his snow removal business, hence the covers. He let it sit in my shop for a week to work up the plans and templates. Here’s how the finished (for now, anyway) product turned out:

The front grill cover nicely fits over the front mesh area and like my other covers is securely held in place with magnets. Easy on/off in just seconds. We had debated how much mesh area to cover with the front piece and this design won out. The hood's side front mesh area (orange) is also an opening into the area under the hood and in front of the radiator. So the front cover only when installed does not completely block off outside air to the radiator…..only the very front of the grill’s mesh is covered.
L3560 LE Winter Front Covers Front View.jpg L3560 LE Winter Front Covers Front Piece.jpg L3560 LE Winter Front Covers Front Corner Close Up.jpg L3560 LE Winter Front Covers Front Only.jpg

The side covers match the hood’s contours and cover the black plastic vented area (main engine compartment in the above pic) along with that smaller orange mesh area that opens into the area in front of the radiator. So, removing either just one (or both side panels) would bring fresh air into both the engine and radiator compartments. A couple of the pics help to explain it as well. The removal of a side cover would do the same as having an optional opening into either compartment. And keeping things as simple as can be sure cuts down on the layout and sewing time which keeps the cost down.
L3560 LE Winter Front Covers Left Side.jpg L3560 LE Winter Front Covers Right Side.jpg L3560 LE Winter Front Covers Right Close Up.jpg

Both the front and side covers give the same access to the engine compartment and remain on the hood if it needs to be opened for checking, adding fluids, etc. to the engine or anything under the hood. No need to remove or adjust covers when opening the hood.
L3560 LE Winter Front Covers Hood Open.jpg

It's not known if his tractor will be parked outside for the winter. If it is, the covers will sure help for quick warmups and hopefully keep his engine temps in check in our cold North Dakota winters. We’ll have to see if any more modifications are needed. When this owner has some tractor time with them in colder weather this winter, I’ll post some of his findings.

I’m thinking these covers may fit all the Grand L 60 Series tractors as well as it fits this L3560 LE model. Now that the pattern is established, I’ll have to sew up another set to come up with a price. It should fall somewhere between the $200 to $250 range which may include shipping. Not sure yet what the set weighs or what shipping would cost. The size and odd shapes also make for more waste material.

If anyone is interested in a set, I’d be happy to supply them.

Here's a link to the "For Sale" listing: Kubota L3560 and Grand L Winter Fronts

Thanks for lookin'
David

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

kubotafreak

Equipment
GRAND l6060, L3560, B6100, gr2100, tg 1860, g1800, g1900, g2160
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
Very Nice! I would be interested in just the front cover if you start selling.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Very Nice! I would be interested in just the front cover if you start selling.
Hi kubotafreak. We can sure fix you up with just the front cover. Give me a week and I should be able to fix you up.....if not before.

I see your in Arkansas with a couple of 60 series tractors. Have you had any troubles with snow ingestion into the air intake like there has been with the B2650's and the B3350's without any protection on the front grill? Just curious.

Thanks for your interest!
David

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
The owner of the L3560 picked up his tractor a couple of days ago and was very pleased with his winter front covers.

I decided to cut out the patterns for a couple of sets that are now ready to go and came up with a price for them. $225 will get the 3piece set shipped here in the states. Shipping to Canada will require some additional shipping charges.

These were made to custom fit this person's L3560 LE but it looks like they may also fit all the Grand L 60 series tractors.

If anyone is interested in either just the front or sides only, we can do that also.

To see my "For Sale" listing on these and the other models currently available go here: Winter Fronts For Sale

Not sure what the demand for these will be, so I'm only going to keep one set ready to go for starters. I'll sew up additional sets when ordered.

David

RichardAaronlx2610

Equipment
Lx2610 Cab, Fel, Backhoe, Grapple, Box Grader, Forks
Aug 3, 2021
New Jersey
I was asked to make a set of winter front covers for this person’s Kubota L3560 Limited Edition tractor that he had just taken delivery of. That is one NICE tractor.
View attachment 69282
I believe one plan for it is in his snow removal business, hence the covers. He let it sit in my shop for a week to work up the plans and templates. Here’s how the finished (for now, anyway) product turned out:

The front grill cover nicely fits over the front mesh area and like my other covers is securely held in place with magnets. Easy on/off in just seconds. We had debated how much mesh area to cover with the front piece and this design won out. The hood's side front mesh area (orange) is also an opening into the area under the hood and in front of the radiator. So the front cover only when installed does not completely block off outside air to the radiator…..only the very front of the grill’s mesh is covered.
View attachment 69283 View attachment 69284 View attachment 69285 View attachment 69289

The side covers match the hood’s contours and cover the black plastic vented area (main engine compartment in the above pic) along with that smaller orange mesh area that opens into the area in front of the radiator. So, removing either just one (or both side panels) would bring fresh air into both the engine and radiator compartments. A couple of the pics help to explain it as well. The removal of a side cover would do the same as having an optional opening into either compartment. And keeping things as simple as can be sure cuts down on the layout and sewing time which keeps the cost down.
View attachment 69287 View attachment 69288 View attachment 69291

Both the front and side covers give the same access to the engine compartment and remain on the hood if it needs to be opened for checking, adding fluids, etc. to the engine or anything under the hood. No need to remove or adjust covers when opening the hood.
View attachment 69290

It's not known if his tractor will be parked outside for the winter. If it is, the covers will sure help for quick warmups and hopefully keep his engine temps in check in our cold North Dakota winters. We’ll have to see if any more modifications are needed. When this owner has some tractor time with them in colder weather this winter, I’ll post some of his findings.

I’m thinking these covers may fit all the Grand L 60 Series tractors as well as it fits this L3560 LE model. Now that the pattern is established, I’ll have to sew up another set to come up with a price. It should fall somewhere between the $200 to $250 range which may include shipping. Not sure yet what the set weighs or what shipping would cost. The size and odd shapes also make for more waste material.

If anyone is interested in a set, I’d be happy to supply them.

Thanks for lookin'
David
Nice work!

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Nice work!
Thanks, Richard!! My "Thread Welder" (old Singer sewing machine, but "thread welder" sounds more masculine doesn't it?) :LOL: helps to keep me busy in the winter months in retirement. Fun little winter time hobby to help others with their mechanical steeds in the cold northern climates! Thanks for looking!!
David

Reactions: 1 user

RichardAaronlx2610

Equipment
Lx2610 Cab, Fel, Backhoe, Grapple, Box Grader, Forks
Aug 3, 2021
New Jersey
Thanks, Richard!! My "Thread Welder" (old Singer sewing machine, but "thread welder" sounds more masculine doesn't it?) :LOL: helps to keep me busy in the winter months in retirement. Fun little winter time hobby to help others with their mechanical steeds in the cold northern climates! Thanks for looking!!
David
Sounds way cooler for sure! Haha I’d ask for one but I don’t think jersey gets cold enough to need one

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Just found this thread after reading about it in another thread. Have you considered making them for the 80 Series BX tractors? I know that I would be interested in one. On my old BX, I used to throw a painters tarp on top of the hood and sides in the winter to keep the block heater warmth in the engine, when the tractor was in the outdoor canvas shed, and I knew I would need it in the morning for snow removal duties. What I would like is something that would cover the entire hood, and the air that is generated by the fan would exit downs the sides of the engine toward the ground.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Just found this thread after reading about it in another thread. Have you considered making them for the 80 Series BX tractors? I know that I would be interested in one. On my old BX, I used to throw a painters tarp on top of the hood and sides in the winter to keep the block heater warmth in the engine, when the tractor was in the outdoor canvas shed, and I knew I would need it in the morning for snow removal duties. What I would like is something that would cover the entire hood, and the air that is generated by the fan would exit downs the sides of the engine toward the ground.
Dusty, thanks for your interest! I do presently have a cover for the BX23S or 80 series. But its a cover for the air intake grill screen under the steering wheel. With that cover in place you'd need fresh makeup air from below or the sides.

I don't know of anyone near, offhand, that has an 80 series BX that I could make something like your talking about. However, if you'd want to help making up a pattern for what you'd like, we could sure come up with something for you.

The pattern I have was for someone that wanted to stop the cold air inrush through his soft cab that would in turn freeze his legs. On his model, there was a removeable plate under the battery mount that was removed for the winter. That allowed outside air to be sucked in from below rather than through his soft cab. It worked slick.

If interested in helping with a design to your needs let me know. I'd be happy to help you out.
David

Berky07

Equipment
B2650 Cab, B2782B Snowblower, PFL1242 Pallet Forks, Land Pride LR1660, RB0560
Jul 13, 2023
New Hampshire
The owner of the L3560 picked up his tractor a couple of days ago and was very pleased with his winter front covers.

I decided to cut out the patterns for a couple of sets that are now ready to go and came up with a price for them. $225 will get the 3piece set shipped here in the states. Shipping to Canada will require some additional shipping charges.

These were made to custom fit this person's L3560 LE but it looks like they may also fit all the Grand L 60 series tractors.

If anyone is interested in either just the front or sides only, we can do that also.

To see my "For Sale" listing on these and the other models currently available go here: Winter Fronts For Sale

Not sure what the demand for these will be, so I'm only going to keep one set ready to go for starters. I'll sew up additional sets when ordered.

David
David, just sent you a message in regards to purchasing for my B2650. Thanks!