Kubota L3301 PTO problem

Mark Leach

Equipment
L3301, B2150
Jul 3, 2020
Kansas
The pto shifter jams and stays in the on position when I switch it off. When this happens the tractor will not start. This is the second time in a month. Last time I had to load on a trailer using a come along by hand to take it to the dealer.
The dealer told me if I disconnect the wire to pto shifter it will start. It doesn't.
Anyone know a trick to get it started?
Thanks.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I looked at the WSM for your series of tractor which includes the L3301 and the L4701.

Read in the images below the description of engine start relative to pto switch position. These two tractors are doing opposite things.

forum L3301 pto.jpg

forum L4701 pto.jpg

I can see this important difference between two tractor from the same series causing confusion.

My quick guess is for you to jump your switch connector after unplugging it. It should then start

Be very careful as you are bypassing an important safety feature .

Dave

Reactions: 1 user

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
I don't know how your safety switch is wired. With some safety switches unplugging them is like having the contacts open and that's all that's necessary. With others they need a jumper to be bypassed. If you have more than two wires it can get complicated. My garden tractor requires one set of wires on the seat switch to be connected and the other pair to be disconnected. You will probably have to look at your schematic.

69 SS

Equipment
2015 L3901 HST,with Canopy,LA 525 FEL with SSQA bucket
Sep 26, 2015
Ft. Inn sc
You didn't say if this was a gear drive transmission, or a hydrostatic transmission. Big difference in the way PTO operates.