Kubota l2560 won't start

D&f

Equipment
L2650 kubota&tacuchi tb035 compact excavator
Apr 14, 2021
Northern california
Already read posts about starter relay ,pto safety switch and neutral safety switch. I replaced start relay had starter solenoid rebuilt starter test good. Dash lights are really dim no crank,solenoid won't even click.tried Jumping starter nothing. I pulled alot of sheet metal today to get to safetyy switches ,pto switch already disconnected can't find wire toward harness. Anyone know if switches are disconnected do you have to plug the harness into itself to bypass? I tested ignition switch and fuses with a volt ohm meter all ok... at this point I'm starting to run out of ideas. Anyone have any experience with this your insight is appreciated.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
grab your wiring diagram, study it, understand how the system works and then you can figure out which switch (if any) is bad.

I'm sorry, but I don't know of any better way to teach someone how to properly diagnose an electrical system.

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
Since you have dim dash lights, it may all come back to a dead/bad battery. I would pull the battery and have it tested (any auto arts store can test it under load). If your battery has a serious problem (such as an internal short), it can prevent you from jump starting. Or at least, disconnect your tractor's battery, and then use a different battery (known to be good) to try to start. You can use your jumper cables to make the connection to the known good battery - once your current battery is disconnected (out of the loop).

Reactions: 1 user

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
If you jumped the starter solenoid and get nothing, no amount of wiring diagnosing is going to help you.

If you jump the starter solenoid and get nothing you have either a bad battery, bad cables or connections, or a bad starter.

Pull the battery and get it tested, pull the battery cables and check ends and connections.
If they both pass, pull the starter and have it tested, it should be dead.

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Not much to add, but would emphasize checking the main battery cables for corrosion and connections. Clean / remake the connections at both ends of both cables.

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
Good advice above, but one thing stood out to me:

"pto switch already disconnected"

Are you saying you pulled the connector? Not sure about yours, but by L3301 requires the PTO safety switch to be closed, not open, in order to start. If the switch is disconnected, the circuit is open.

D&f

Equipment
L2650 kubota&tacuchi tb035 compact excavator
Apr 14, 2021
Northern california

Are you saying you pulled the connector? Not sure about yours, but by L3301 requires the PTO safety switch to be closed, not open, in order to start. If the switch is disconnected, the circuit is

Are you saying you pulled the connector? Not sure about yours, but by L3301 requires the PTO safety switch to be closed, not open, in order to start. If the switch is disconnected, the circuit is open.
The safety switch for pto hasn't worked for years . I rarely use pto so never chased the problem. Tractor always started.when I pulled panel for pto controls discovered switch unplugged and can't find wire tail to harness, neutral safety for forward reverse lever still plugged in