Kubota L245DT Power Steering

AshleyBS55

Equipment
L245DT 4WD
Sep 30, 2013
Palestine, WV, US
My L245DT 4wd has a power steering unit installed before I bought it, probably right before I bought it. After about 80 hours, the hydraulic lines blew out. I installed new washers and it lasted another 20 hours or so. To make a long story short, no hydraulic shop has ever seen fittings like the ones on my tractor. So I started looking for another power steering unit that might work.

I found one that will work with a Kubota L275. The guy on the phone said it would work with a L245DT. However, it's very expensive and I don't want to pay that kind of money for something that won't work.

Can anyone tell me if this power steering assembly (Part # 35270-16100) will work with a Kubota L245DT?

Thanks,
Bruce

mrmr56

Equipment
G4200, Z482, 3 G5200's
Jul 22, 2015
Waco, TX
If the hydraulic shop has never seen fittings like you have on your power steering, I would suspect that some one has used a series 2 power steering valve off of a garden tractor. If this is the case, I think the max pressure rating is 1000 psi. If you can post a picture of the steering valve, that would help. The series 2 valve has ends that have an o-ring and are held in by a plate over the lines.

AshleyBS55

Equipment
L245DT 4WD
Sep 30, 2013
Palestine, WV, US
That sounds like that's what it is. I'll have to go to my friend's garage and get the pics. Do you have any idea if the pump that works with the 265 will work with the 245?

doc harper

Equipment
kubota L245dt
Oct 31, 2021
mancos, colorado
i have a kubota L245dt and would like to add power steering. my tractor has a front end loader. the steering sector or gear box is wore out. anyone added power steering to one of these. just wondering if i can add a p/s pump to engine or will existing hyd. pump be enough to splice into and work both loader and power steering.

doc harper

Equipment
kubota L245dt
Oct 31, 2021
mancos, colorado
My L245DT 4wd has a power steering unit installed before I bought it, probably right before I bought it. After about 80 hours, the hydraulic lines blew out. I installed new washers and it lasted another 20 hours or so. To make a long story short, no hydraulic shop has ever seen fittings like the ones on my tractor. So I started looking for another power steering unit that might work.

I found one that will work with a Kubota L275. The guy on the phone said it would work with a L245DT. However, it's very expensive and I don't want to pay that kind of money for something that won't work.

Can anyone tell me if this power steering assembly (Part # 35270-16100) will work with a Kubota L245DT?

Thanks,
Bruce
did you put power steering on your L245dt kubota tractor

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Without doing some serious fabrication, To add Factory PS you would need to find the gear box, and the priority valve and lines to connect to it.

Then yes the factory hydraulic pump would do it.

Aftermarket PS units can be a little simpler to setup, but if your gearbox is going out then that's not much of an option.

Here is a replacement manual steering Box:

No such luck on a Power steering box.

Last edited:

doc harper

Equipment
kubota L245dt
Oct 31, 2021
mancos, colorado
Without doing some serious fabrication, To add Factory PS you would need to find the gear box, and the priority valve and lines to connect to it.

Then yes the factory hydraulic pump would do it.

Aftermarket PS units can be a little simpler to setup, but if your gearbox is going out then that's not much of an option.

Here is a replacement manual steering Box:

No such luck on a Power steering box.
so you say the factory pump would do both power steering and the front end loader and im guessing the 3 point lift to?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
so you say the factory pump would do both power steering and the front end loader and im guessing the 3 point lift to?
Yes, because of the priority valve.
But like I said trying to find the steering box and other parts about near to impossible.

One option if you want to do some fabrication to get power steering is to change it to hydrostatic steering.
there are kits out there to do that.
And that would completely replace your bad steering box.