Kubota F3080

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
Hello everyone, I am in the market for a new used mower or tractor and am intrigued by the Kubota F models. There is a used F3080 not to far from me with 900 hours , a 72 " front mounted deck and powered by a 30 HP three cylinder D1305 engine. According to my online findings these were produced between 2008 and 2013. My question is I am not sure when the particulate filters started being used. I feel I should be "safe" with regards to avoiding emissions issues but am not 100% certain. These F model machines are expensive new and depreciate significantly perhaps presenting good value to the discerning suburban grass warrior. Thanks for your help.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
I would suspect the usual high depreciation is because they're often used by organisations that mow full time - i.e. they have a lot of hours on them. They are an excellent machine for high volume mowing, I'm not sure the cut is brilliant though (I believe it's good, but not awesome). So I'd be looking at one if you had a couple acres to mow, if you're mowing less than an acre and want it looking like a golf course, it's not the machine.

I think tier IV came in around 2013 on this HP range machines, so if this model changed in 2013, I'd guess it changed when they bought in emissions controls.

It's not definite, but on tractor data the engine doesn't mention emissions:
Where the model after does:

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
I would suspect the usual high depreciation is because they're often used by organisations that mow full time - i.e. they have a lot of hours on them. They are an excellent machine for high volume mowing, I'm not sure the cut is brilliant though (I believe it's good, but not awesome). So I'd be looking at one if you had a couple acres to mow, if you're mowing less than an acre and want it looking like a golf course, it's not the machine.

I think tier IV came in around 2013 on this HP range machines, so if this model changed in 2013, I'd guess it changed when they bought in emissions controls.
What I figured.

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Good machines. I take care of 4 for county parks and recreation. I don’t know that machine, as we have 2 F3680’s and 2 F2690’s.
Paul is somewhat right, they are for production mowing large areas with hills. But I don’t agree on the cut statement, they leave a nice finish on our ball fields at 1.75-2”. They are fun to work on too.
BFE82A68-B8E1-45CB-89F0-0C10DE3BE8D2.jpeg

79A97872-DC7E-4D80-8B70-DDD3C35C34D0.jpeg

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
Good machines. I take care of 4 for county parks and recreation. I don’t know that machine, as we have 2 F3680’s and 2 F2690’s.
Paul is somewhat right, they are for production mowing large areas with hills. But I don’t agree on the cut statement, they leave a nice finish on our ball fields at 1.75-2”. They are fun to work on too.
View attachment 56338
View attachment 56339
I cut about 2 acres weekly. My problem is the slope. Zero turns are out because of it. My Steiner tractor is getting old. It is tightly put together, tough for me to work on and complicated in my opinion. It has served me well and probably will run forever. These F models seem like a great fit for my needs. Something newer may require less fixing. Are there any problems common to the machines I should look for ? Tips or tricks? Thanks

Last edited:

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
I cut about 2 acres weekly. My problem is the slope. Zero turns are out because of it. My Steiner tractor is getting old. It is tightly put together, tough for me to work on and complicated in my opinion. It has served me well and probably will run forever. These F models seem like a great fit for my needs. Something newer may require less fixing. Thanks for the pictures.
The pictures make it look like a lot of work to get floor pan off. It’s not bad, 4 bolts for seat, 4 for rops and two under the feet pads. Pan shimmys up and off. Can get to everything after it is off.
And 900 hours is nothing. Our 3680’s are over 3500 with one pushing 4000. And that’s with a new inmate about every 2-3 weeks. We average about 400hrs a year.
And I for one, love riding them. They will go just about anywhere, even with turf tires.

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
The pictures make it look like a lot of work to get floor pan off. It’s not bad, 4 bolts for seat, 4 for rops and two under the feet pads. Pan shimmys up and off. Can get to everything after it is off.
And 900 hours is nothing. Our 3680’s are over 3500 with one pushing 4000. And that’s with a new inmate about every 2-3 weeks. We average about 400hrs a year.
And I for one, love riding them. They will go just about anywhere, even with turf tires.
Thanks for the endorsement. I appreciate it.