Kubota F2690 underbelly cover.

xhoghead

Equipment
Kubota
Jan 14, 2021
I bought a used Kubota F2690 lawn mower with rear discharge a couple of months ago. I read with interest about some of the comments about the mess it leaves under the mower. Mine does have some which I will be cleaning in the spring before I use it. I thought that some kind of cover could be attached underneath to minimize the problem. I even looked at my grand kid's sleds and wondered if I could fasten them. I'm thinking that a number of materials could be used including plastic, fiberglass, etc. Has anyone ever done that and if so, how has it worked? Thanks.

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
I bought a used Kubota F2690 lawn mower with rear discharge a couple of months ago. I read with interest about some of the comments about the mess it leaves under the mower. Mine does have some which I will be cleaning in the spring before I use it. I thought that some kind of cover could be attached underneath to minimize the problem. I even looked at my grand kid's sleds and wondered if I could fasten them. I'm thinking that a number of materials could be used including plastic, fiberglass, etc. Has anyone ever done that and if so, how has it worked? Thanks.
That Japanese are pretty good at engineering things. If they wanted a sled like structure fastened to the mower they would have probably designed it that way. There have been many of these units sold over the years and they have been written about favorably here. Tractors and mowers all require a periodic cleaning. I would use it for a season before I "MacGyvered" anything. Some people (not you) often look for problems where there are none. Good luck. Nice mower. Those were very expensive new.

Last edited:

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Awesome machines.

Work has 2 2690's and 2 3680's. The 2690's came with side discharge, the 3680's were rear. We have since replaced one deck to side discharge. You will never keep all the grass off of the machine. And I despise having to work on the one with the rear discharge deck. Granted our guys don't blow off or wash as they should, like you probably will.

But they aren’t bad to work on once floor pan is removed.
2690 with a bad oring on hydraulic line.
FBA424C5-428F-4516-A53B-B1E7C0B8D31A.jpeg

3680 getting a new oil cooler and lines. This is the rear discharge. I had to drive outside and wash after pan was removed. So many nooks and crannies.
E7A37F05-91A0-4459-9411-4DBCA4D2B8ED.jpeg