Kubota Excavator kx033-4

Billstr

Equipment
Kx033-4g
Oct 20, 2018
North Sydney
Three year ownership. I’ve been able to cover all my needs with including spreading gravel, dirt, stumps, evening a little snow removal. Considering trading the Kx033 for a Kubota U27 and a B2401 tractor with loader and a box blade. I have enough experience to know the U27 may leave me wanting in a few situations, power and reach. In the woods smaller is better, still getting a cab tho. Both of these machines will give me a lot more flexibility over one, plans for light landscaping business maybe but maybe not. I have a large parcel and it’s for personal use. I’ve been using a side by side and dump cart for moving dirt around short distances which the tractor will be much better at. Any thoughts?

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
B2401 v's B2601. Gear drive v's HST. The tasks you describe might be better with HST. But there's a lot of personal preference in there too.

Billstr

Equipment
Kx033-4g
Oct 20, 2018
North Sydney
B2401 v's B2601. Gear drive v's HST. The tasks you describe might be better with HST. But there's a lot of personal preference in there too.
I’ve been busy, sorry so long before replying. Still have my kx33, decided HST is the way to go if I move on a tractor. I really just
Want to move rock and dirt around with a hydronic lift. Track 70 series carrier will move up to 1500lbs around, only travels 5klm top speed. Then there’s the utv with the hydronic dump bed that 10 grand more. I have a dump cart for utv but heavy load are hard to dump and awkward.

Billstr

Equipment
Kx033-4g
Oct 20, 2018
North Sydney
Ya, I've watched a few videos there tippy. Still haven't purchased anything else, hesitation and Covid. Prices are going up around here, there's been a 30% increase on the bx23s.