Kubota d1005 Injection Pump Issues?

wkfoster

Equipment
D1005
May 9, 2022
Texas
Hi, I'm new here. I was hoping someone might be able to give me a few pointers.

I recently inherited a Generator with the Kubota D1005 Engine. The engine has been sitting a few years and it doesnt want to start. It only has around 3000 hours.

To start I emptied the fuel tank put all new fuel lines and fresh oil and filters. I pulled the injector hard lines and when cranking it shoots fuel out of the injection pump in each of the 3 corresponding fuel rail connections.

My problem is im not getting any smoke when cranking. Im not sure if its not getting enough pressure to pop the injectors or if the injectors are clogged.

When i crack the lines at each injector i get some bubbles but it doesnt seem like a lot of pressure. I have never owned one of these engines so im not really sure how much pressure i should be expecting when cracking the lines.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Crack all the lines on ONLY the injector side, Crank in short runs till all the bubbles are gone.
Make sure when your doing a start run that the glow plugs are being powered.
And it's KUBOTA, I've changed the spelling for you on your title and post.

wkfoster

Equipment
D1005
May 9, 2022
Texas
Crack all the lines on ONLY the injector side, Crank in short runs till all the bubbles are gone.
Make sure when your doing a start run that the glow plugs are being powered.
And it's KUBOTA, I've changed the spelling for you on your title and post.
Yeah im starting to think i have some other problem going on here. I have run through that procedure about 10-15 times over the past 2 days. Ill crank it for about 15-20 seconds then stop and wait about 5 minutes for the starter to cool down. Even after that many attempts I dont even get the slightest puff of smoke or indication that its going to try and start.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You're probably going to need to pull the injectors and have them tested and possibly rebuilt.
And while they are out do a compression test.

Simple injector test:
You can take an injection line and put it off to the side of the engine, add a injector to that line, snug up the injector pump side of the line, leave the injector loose and bled air out, snug up line, crank and check for mist using a piece of cardboard under the injector.