Kubota BX23S

Phil Johnson

Equipment
Kubota BX23S
Feb 26, 2022
Nova Scotia Canada
I have a Kubota BX23S and I want to make a Hydraulic Pressure Check system and I’m hoping someone can tell me which quick cupler to order from Amazon.com, I’m new to the form and was pleased to find it. Thanks

Phil Johnson

Equipment
Kubota BX23S
Feb 26, 2022
Nova Scotia Canada
You need one of these. Other manufacturers make them besides Summit.
The problem is Summit has them but they don’t say that it fits the Kubota BX23S that’s why I’m hoping someone on the Form has purchased one and can give me the info. Thank You

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
someone sells a 'kit' of gauge and shims to increase pressure...
naturally I can't think of it ,but someone younger will....

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 100 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
The BXpanded tester is here if anyone is interested:

I'm there with ya OP!!!
I'm $30,000+ deep into my tractor and attachments but I'll be damned if I'm going to overpay $30 on some damn Hydraulic tester!!!!
:rolleyes:🤡(y)

imnukensc

Equipment
BX2380
Sep 10, 2015
Midlands of SC
The problem is Summit has them but they don’t say that it fits the Kubota BX23S that’s why I’m hoping someone on the Form has purchased one and can give me the info. Thank You
I put the same ones on my 2380 when I changed out the shitty coupler for the FEL and went to individual couplers. The 2380 is exactly the same as a 23S except for the backhoe. It'll fit.

Phil Johnson

Equipment
Kubota BX23S
Feb 26, 2022
Nova Scotia Canada
Didn't imply t buy the kit,I was thinking the picture might show what the coupler is....
It do they are on ebay but I need to know what company makes them and make sure it will fit, my BX23S it has the 4 fittings on one rac so when I remove all 4 I want the correct fitting to fit on one so i can check and adjust the hydraulic pressure. thank you

Phil Johnson

Equipment
Kubota BX23S
Feb 26, 2022
Nova Scotia Canada
The BXpanded tester is here if anyone is interested:

I'm there with ya OP!!!
I'm $30,000+ deep into my tractor and attachments but I'll be damned if I'm going to overpay $30 on some damn Hydraulic tester!!!!
:rolleyes:🤡(y)
You got that right I’m into my BX23S for around the same price as you and you can buy that Quick disconnect from summit for about $40.00 delivered to me here in Canada, I have sent a email to Summit and asked them if they have one for the BX23S, I have a Lathe and Milling machine so I can just make all the shims I need to do the job.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I can tell you with certainty that this one is correct for your application. I have purchased 5 sets over a few months to change out Pioneer couplings from my previous tractor implements. I buy sets, because it is easier to hook up with one male and one female when hose direction is important for moving the joystick right or left, or using the push buttons on the 3rd function valve.
The only issue that I have had is when I disconnect them, I have to make sure that the locking pin is aligned with the groove in the collar. That function is also a benefit because it keeps the coupler from coming apart if it should be brushed by some branch etc.
1/4" NPT Flat Face Hydraulic Quick Connect Coupler Set w/Dust Caps

Reactions: 1 user

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
My question is why the need to check pressure?

I only ask because I never felt the need to know what the hydraulic pressure is on either of my tractors.

I guess I might if I noticed a change in lifting capacity...

Just curious at this end.

Frankly, if I did check pressure with an unverified gauge, then I would end up questioning the result, and need to buy at least one more gauge, to be somewhat confident that the reading was correct...if they both read the same...

Fat, dumb and happy here...LOL

Phil Johnson

Equipment
Kubota BX23S
Feb 26, 2022
Nova Scotia Canada
My question is why the need to check pressure?

I only ask because I never felt the need to know what the hydraulic pressure is on either of my tractors.

I guess I might if I noticed a change in lifting capacity...

Just curious at this end.

Frankly, if I did check pressure with an unverified gauge, then I would end up questioning the result, and need to buy at least one more gauge, to be somewhat confident that the reading was correct...if they both read the same...

Fat, dumb and happy here...LOL
The best thing I can tell you is to go to YouTube and put in Increase the hydraulicpressure on a Kubota BX23S or whatever Tractor you have, If you are happy with your lifting power I would say leave it alone, for me most of these Kubota’s like mine is running about 1750 PSI and 1950- 2000 PSI gives a little better lift without any damage to the machine, you can check your manual to see max pressure or ask on YouTube.
This is the third Kubota I’ve had and like this one most of all. I,

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
The best thing I can tell you is to go to YouTube and put in Increase the hydraulicpressure on a Kubota BX23S or whatever Tractor you have, If you are happy with your lifting power I would say leave it alone, for me most of these Kubota’s like mine is running about 1750 PSI and 1950- 2000 PSI gives a little better lift without any damage to the machine, you can check your manual to see max pressure or ask on YouTube.
This is the third Kubota I’ve had and like this one most of all. I,
I think that is the bottom line. If one is satisfied with performance why need to check anything.

There is no free lunch in life really. Increase one thing, and reduce another. In my case I have no need to change anything, and accept that I may be trying to do too much when my loader struggles to lift something.

Could I increase the pressure setting of the relief valve? Certainly. Would I be shortening the life of something else in the system? Maybe.

BUT whenever adjusting hydraulic pressure it is wise to use a gauge that is for sure accurate.

Edit: Agree if you adjust pressure within the tractor's specifications, you are probably OK. But again, only if the gauge you are using is accurate. If it actually reads high, no problem. If it actually reads low, you could be setting the pressure too high.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
If you do use a 2nd gauge , do NOT use one that's the same make/model as the first. If they're brother and sister(made same batch) they'll read the same..both could be bad, maybe good ...
not that I'm paranoid, just know how stuff is made... (anyone hear about 'recalls' ??)
There are of course digital gauges,some good to good to +10 PSI.

Phil Johnson

Equipment
Kubota BX23S
Feb 26, 2022
Nova Scotia Canada
If you do use a 2nd gauge , do NOT use one that's the same make/model as the first. If they're brother and sister(made same batch) they'll read the same..both could be bad, maybe good ...
not that I'm paranoid, just know how stuff is made... (anyone hear about 'recalls' ??)
There are of course digital gauges,some good to good to +10 PSI.
Thanks the first thing I will do when I get setup to do it is check what the pressure is now and it should be set at about 1750 PSI from the factory if it shows that then I will know the gauge is ok.
I’m always very careful when doing something like that and always want to make sure it’s done right.
I did this on HD engines for years because of low oil pressure when the engine was idling.
Thank you for your input much appreciated.

Phil Johnson

Equipment
Kubota BX23S
Feb 26, 2022
Nova Scotia Canada
I put the same ones on my 2380 when I changed out the shitty coupler for the FEL and went to individual couplers. The 2380 is exactly the same as a 23S except for the backhoe. It'll fit.
Can you tell me what Quick Couplers you used and the part number if you have it, you are right the 2380 and the 23S is the same.
Thank you