Kubota BX Series Fenders & Step Stay Kits

Matt80

Equipment
BX 24
Jun 15, 2021
Vermont
Hi all,

New to the forum here and have read up on other posts regarding the cracked fenders on the earlier Kubota BX series tractors. I just purchased what I believe to be an 05 BX 24 and the fender is cracked. However in researching and looking at what I have, my BX 24 has the reinforced fender installed with the ribs as well as the Step Stay kit. Shouldn't be cracked Id say, but it is.

The RH step stay kit looks completely incorrect to me. I have tried to talk to the local Kubota dealer about it but haven't gotten far. Figured all of you on this forum would be of far more help. I plan on repairing the crack in the fender with some fiberglass-bondo type of kit from the back side, but before I jump into that I want to be certain the plastic fender is supported properly. I am curious if the kit that was installed on this tractor is the incorrect kit or what the scoop is? Curious if anyone has detailed photos they can send me of the right hand step stay, and what it should look like. I can share photos of what I have too if that would help. I am also curious what fiberglass kits have worked well to repair the fenders...any suggestions appreciated.

Matt80

Equipment
BX 24
Jun 15, 2021
Vermont
This may help.
Anthonyv-Thank you for sharing this. It does help some as if gives me some direction to go. I am missing some of the parts for the RH kit (110,120,060 and 130) in the parts diagram you attached. I will see about ordering those and see if that helps, but I am still unsure how part # 040 and 030 slide back far enough on the tractor frame to allow the bolt 050 to go through the hole in 040. I am assuming the bolt 050 goes through the bolt holes in the tractor floor panel....as they do on the LH side? I've attached a photo of it on the frame of my BX. That is as far back as the kit/bracket can slide before it bumps into the section where the frame turns to accommodate the right rear tire.

Attachments

anthonyv

Equipment
BX24 BX2200
Jan 24, 2017
SC
I will check mine in the morning, something doesn't look right.

Step stay kit:
BX2350/1850 part number K2581-9554-0
BX24 Part number K2592-9554-0

anthonyv

Equipment
BX24 BX2200
Jan 24, 2017
SC
OK checked mine & you are using the wrong mounting hole for the bracket. The one you should be using is in the floor board about 4 in ahead of the fender mounting hole you are showing. Fender mounts alone. Attached is a clearer PDF drawing showing bolt 050 in the floor pan in front of the fender hole. As for repairing that crack in the fender I have not been too successful using glues or fiberglass repairs sticking to the plastic. I finally gave up & use a flat piece of aluminum stock & pop rivets. Not pretty, but holds up & a little paint over the repair & the tractor become a "10 footer", looks OK from 10 feet away. In my mind it's a tractor & I am more interested in functionality than looks.

Attachments

Matt80

Equipment
BX 24
Jun 15, 2021
Vermont
OK checked mine & you are using the wrong mounting hole for the bracket. The one you should be using is in the floor board about 4 in ahead of the fender mounting hole you are showing. Fender mounts alone. Attached is a clearer PDF drawing showing bolt 050 in the floor pan in front of the fender hole. As for repairing that crack in the fender I have not been too successful using glues or fiberglass repairs sticking to the plastic. I finally gave up & use a flat piece of aluminum stock & pop rivets. Not pretty, but holds up & a little paint over the repair & the tractor become a "10 footer", looks OK from 10 feet away. In my mind it's a tractor & I am more interested in functionality than looks.
anthonyv-Thank you for the thoughts on this and the more detailed diagram. I think I understand what you are saying, but will need to wrestle the actual floorboard back onto the tractor again to fully understand. Is there an easy way to shoot me a photo of what yours looks like? I think I will add some additional support to the plastic using some aluminum and rivets as you noted. I agree with the functionality piece. I don't want to continue messing around with this in the future as the tractor will ideally be utilized and not sitting around in the garage awaiting my attention. Thank you again, really appreciate this.

anthonyv

Equipment
BX24 BX2200
Jan 24, 2017
SC
I'll try to get pics, but the fender bottom bolts to the edge of the floor board hole & the bracket bolts to a different hole about 4in in front of the fender edge hole.
Step stay bracket.jpg
Step stay bracket.jpg

Last edited:

Matt80

Equipment
BX 24
Jun 15, 2021
Vermont
I'll try to get pics, but the fender bottom bolts to the edge of the floor board hole & the bracket bolts to a different hole about 4in in front of the fender edge hole. View attachment 62309 View attachment 62309
Anthonyv. Thanks again for this good information. I've got it now! One additional question for you. I know, I am full of them. Greatly appreciate your help on this. You should work at the Kubota dealer.....you are far more helpful than they are!
Kubota wants $212 for part 110 in the diagrams you sent. The entire kit costs $165 from what I can tell. Either one is too expensive. Do you by chance have any dimensions for the part 110. It is Kubota part # K2592-55170 and is called the Plate Stay RH. It looks to be like a flat piece of 1/4 steel approximately 4-5" in length with a nut welded on the back side. Not sure why that commands $165 from Kubota. Any information you had on that would be very helpful. I will see about making one myself. After all I can mess it up a number of times for $165.

anthonyv

Equipment
BX24 BX2200
Jan 24, 2017
SC
That is the most ridiculous thing ever. It is nothing more than a plate that holds parts 030 & 040 to the frame. Understand at my age it's rather difficult for me to crawl under the tractor to get dimensions. However my son is coming over this weekend & I'll see what we can find. But seriously it is nothing more than a piece of plate steel that compresses the other parts to the frame with a couple of bolts, nothing more. Bolt 140 is a height adj to the rear fender & bolts to 030 & 040. Bolt 130 (2) connects Thru to hold 030 & 040 to the frame. There is a collar to space out 2nd bolt 130 (bottom), not sure how important it is. Might try some dealers that have used parts, wrecked BX's, EBAY, etc., but I think you would be better off to make something.

anthonyv

Equipment
BX24 BX2200
Jan 24, 2017
SC
OK i found a doc for you, the original instructions for step stay kit. The part you are looking for is 1/4in flat steel plate 1-1/2in wide & 5-1/2in long. Two holes & a piece of steel sticking out about 3/4 from one end, doesn't do much just sits on a ledge. Doubt if it's needed. Photos will show clearer. The small spacer is about 3/4in, use some washers to make one. Sorry about the dirty copy, been sitting in the shop for over 10 years. Edited file looks OK now.

Attachments

Last edited: