Kubota blue paint

gurn

Equipment
Kubota L175
Apr 15, 2011
Nashville,Tn
I found a perfect match for the blue paint for my L175. Rust-Oleum 24863 Gloss Night Tide found it at Walmart for under $4.

Orange Tractors

Equipment
L175 w/Woods L59, Allis Chalmers WD
Jul 19, 2009
Butler, MO
I'll have to remember that for the next time I have to do anything major to mine. Right now everything that isn't orange is painted a dark gray (what was called deck gray in the Navy).

Robert

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
Well let me play the other side of the coin, what about the orange? Is there a suitable and comparable spray to the blue in rustoleum? One of my hoods was painted with a Kubota branded rattle-can and was off color, no big problem, but the quality was really lacking. properly prepped but faded quickly and powered off. (chalked) I believe in the rustoleum and krylon branded items plus can get them ordered through my nephew at the hardware store.

So... anyone have an orange name and number?

gurn

Equipment
Kubota L175
Apr 15, 2011
Nashville,Tn
The Rustoleum orange I use is just "orange" and it looks like a good match to me. Look at my other post "My Kubota project" and you can see the orange on the wheels, they turned out nice.

Last edited:

bruceatlam

Equipment
B20, FEL, box blade, flail mower
Aug 20, 2009
Camarillo, California
Well let me play the other side of the coin, what about the orange? Is there a suitable and comparable spray to the blue in rustoleum? One of my hoods was painted with a Kubota branded rattle-can and was off color, no big problem, but the quality was really lacking. properly prepped but faded quickly and powered off. (chalked) I believe in the rustoleum and krylon branded items plus can get them ordered through my nephew at the hardware store.

So... anyone have an orange name and number?
I like Ace Hardware's Premium Enamel #17016

Hook

Equipment
L3240 with LA514 FEL, Box Blade, Howard Rotovator, All Purpose Plow, Sub Soiler
Jul 6, 2010
Jackson, Georgia
Chevrolet "Engine Orange" is a pretty good match. Auto parts stores have it.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
When I read about this paint, I searched everywhere in AZ for it, with no luck. I recently made a trip back to the Upper Penninsula of Michigan, and checked every Walmart between here and there, no luck. I was beginning to think it didn't exist.... then yesterday, I find it at a local Home Depot, (where I had previously searched) discounted to $3.30 a can.:eek:
Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus..... he's a little early this year!

aquaforce

Equipment
L245DT FEL, JD450 Track loader, 5' scrape blade&mower, 5x10 trailer, Dump truck
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
Wow-I've been looking for years to find a close match to that chassis blue Kubota paint.

In Canada, Kubota blue prices at $19/can, and they don't even lower their voice when they quote it!

Bastards!

Yea, I paid $14 a can to get mine done. Bastards! :D:D:D:D:D

CobraTom

Equipment
L5030, L3430, L4310, L3410, B3030 , R510 currently..
Sep 19, 2011
Ontario
I managed to get mine from a Dealer that had some NOS on his shelf with a sticker that said $9 for the blue and $11 for the Orange. I purchased a bunch from them and forced them to use the old price.

Dad03

Equipment
L3200HST
Sep 17, 2011
Columbia, TN
Careful...if Kubota finds out you are painting their tractor with anything but Kubota approved paint they may cut you off at the parts counter :D

Tractor Supply has a rattle can paint in 2 colors Old Kubota Orange and New Kubota Orange. Is their a diff?

Troutsqueezer

Equipment
B21, Box, FEL
Sep 18, 2010
Pilot Hill, CA
I refinished my B21 a couple of months ago, dismantling much of it and painting everything. I bit the bullet and bought the expensive Kubota brand paint, Orange II and Gray.

I will say this for Kubota paint. It is heavy duty and will go a long way towards covering the tractor. I painted the bucket gray and since then I cut in a pad on my property which is fairly good size, on a slope. I have rocks aplenty, most mid size and a few that are so large I dare not pick them up in the loader so I just shove them to where I need them. To make a long story longer, after digging into the bank hundreds of times and scraping rocks and gravel and banging them around, the grey paint is still intact. No see-through scratches. It stands up to the task.

At $25 per quart (a little more for the orange) I feel I got my money's worth.

Kubota Newbie

Equipment
M4500, New Idea Cut-Ditioner, JD 14T Baler, IH "Plow Chief" plows, Oliver Rake
Dec 28, 2010
Mount Vernon, Ohio
Close but no cigar on the night tide blue, got 3 cans today at Walmart. Noticeably lighter than the Kubota blue spray I have from the dealer. Still, it's close enough to use as a base coat, then I can "top coat" lightly with the Kubota paint to get the right color and get a lot more mileage from the Kubota stuff.

archelon99

Equipment
L 1501 DT
May 14, 2010
Richmond, BC
I used Tremclad "Real Orange" I did an A-B comparision and it was so close my wife could not tell the difference. Tremclad - $5.00 Kubota - $22.00. Click on the paper clip to see a picture.

Attachments

archelon99

Equipment
L 1501 DT
May 14, 2010
Richmond, BC
I used Tremclad "Real Orange" I did an A-B comparision and it was so close my wife could not tell the difference. Tremclad - $5.00 Kubota - $22.00. Now I need a source for the blue paint. Any suggestions?

Sam427

Equipment
L3410 GST, FEL, Bush Hog, Box Scrape, Spreader
Nov 6, 2009
Snellville, Ga. USA
I have an 01 L3410 that I need to get blue/gray paint for, anyone know of a match for that? Bought some 3 point pieces and they sent them with no paint on them, how cheap is that?:mad:

I have a perfect match for the orange in Dupli Color, but I don't have the number handy.

elvisgj

Apr 15, 2012
Memphis, TN
I bought some the spray cans of night tide blue at Wal0Mart.

Hard to get the spray can everywhere, so I sprayed paint on a piece of cardboard and went to Home Depot.

Got a can of semi-gloss oil based exterior paint. They would only would mix in a gallon since they did not carry the dark base I needed in a quart.

$27.00 ( $25.00 with my military discount) for a gallon. But at least I will have enough paint top get under the tractor and paint those innards. And if I have some left over, I will make a nice deal for some in the Memphis are for what I have left.

gurn

Equipment
Kubota L175
Apr 15, 2011
Nashville,Tn
Thats a good idea elvisgj and welcome to the club! I might do that too and paint my box scraper and dirt scoop.