Kubota B7001 and CAEB MP550

JosephGozo

Equipment
Kubota B7001 + an ever growing list of attachments (restored / homemade) :(
Nov 25, 2014
Malta
Hi,
This is a link to the video on YouTube about the Kubota and the baler making a bale:

Some history and info about the baler:

The baler was bought through an E bay auction some good years ago as as pares or repairs item. It was located in Wales (UK). The Net wrap when ordered via the CAEB website turns out to be 80Euros per roll shipping included (Italy to Malta). Approximately 1 roll is used each year. The drawbar was shortened by 2 feet to reduce the turning circle since most fields are quite narrow 60feet by 25feet. It has a solenoid powered hydraulic diverter so with one spool valve installed in the tractors hydraulics I can lift pickup and open the rear door.

I wished to keep the bale rapper which came with the baler but was sold online before items were shipped to Malta. Ensilage of bales can turn out to be quite expensive (plastic rolls aren't cheap) and since my operation is mainly on a hobby level with 4 to 10 heads at a maximum.

When I came across this auction i was on the look out for such balers but prices were prohibitive (from 9000Euros up to 12000Euros) Turns out there is quite a number of producers across EU - mostly in Italy, who offer such a small baler. I can say i was lucky with this one as I got it at 1500Euros and as it can be operated at a standstill - hand fed or driving through windrows. Mini balers are usually three point hitch mounted. It had a few seized bearings and a snapped shaft. I am quite happy with the fact that the CAEB company reached out to me with exploded views parts manuals and sale of parts. Even if I did not buy the machine new from them. Something that local agents rarely do! It is quite a simple machine and easy to work on when something goes wrong.

I tried doing some work for other farmers but in the end I ruined my back and it was not economically worth it. Sorry for the long write up. :) I am quite proud of my little babies :p

Reactions: 1 users

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Interesting. I had no idea they made balers so small.

Reactions: 1 user

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Hi,
This is a link to the video on YouTube about the Kubota and the baler making a bale:

The baler was bought through an E bay auction some good years ago as as pares or repairs item. It was located in Wales (UK). The Net wrap when ordered via the CAEB website turns out to be 80Euros per roll shipping included (Italy to Malta). Approximately 1 roll is used each year. The drawbar was shortened by 2 feet to reduce the turning circle since most fields are quite narrow 60feet by 25feet. It has a solenoid powered hydraulic diverter so with one spool valve installed in the tractors hydraulics I can lift pickup and open the rear door.

I wished to keep the bale rapper which came with the baler but was sold online before items were shipped to Malta. Ensilage of bales can turn out to be quite expensive (plastic rolls aren't cheap) and since my operation is mainly on a hobby level with 4 to 10 heads at a maximum.

When I came across this auction i was on the look out for such balers but prices were prohibitive (from 9000Euros up to 12000Euros) Turns out there is quite a number of producers across EU - mostly in Italy, who offer such a small baler. I can say i was lucky with this one as I got it at 1500Euros and as it can be operated at a standstill - hand fed or driving through windrows. Mini balers are usually three point hitch mounted. It had a few seized bearings and a snapped shaft. I am quite happy with the fact that the CAEB company reached out to me with exploded views parts manuals and sale of parts. Even if I did not buy the machine new from them. Something that local agents rarely do! It is quite a simple machine and easy to work on when something goes wrong.

I tried doing some work for other farmers but in the end I ruined my back and it was not economically worth it. Sorry for the long write up. :) I am quite proud of my little babies :p

That was quite amazing - never underestimate the power of the little machines!

JosephGozo

Equipment
Kubota B7001 + an ever growing list of attachments (restored / homemade) :(
Nov 25, 2014
Malta
Interesting. I had no idea they made balers so small.
There are quite many. Abbriata/Wolagri/Star (chinese baler)/Tonutti/ many more.

It is quite comfortable to do the hay at the right time without relying on the guys with conventional square balers. They are always booked and postpone the dates and start the cutting too late when they grass is drying up.

It is easier to buy hay straight away most of the time as it is an all year round operation with sowing cutting and baling and costs pile up quickly but i take it as a life commitment. maybe the wrong choice .. i do not know.

Joe

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
There are quite many. Abbriata/Wolagri/Star (chinese baler)/Tonutti/ many more.

It is quite comfortable to do the hay at the right time without relying on the guys with conventional square balers. They are always booked and postpone the dates and start the cutting too late when they grass is drying up.

It is easier to buy hay straight away most of the time as it is an all year round operation with sowing cutting and baling and costs pile up quickly but i take it as a life commitment. maybe the wrong choice .. i do not know.

Joe

Joe what is the size of that bale? Weight?

walnutfarmer

Equipment
Kobuta B7001
Dec 2, 2022
Norway
Hi,

That is such a nice little baler!

I hope I will be able to find a similarly affordable one for my B7001, but I guess I have to relly on the neighbors in the meantime.