Kubota b6000e help

mortonarts

Equipment
Kubota b6000e
Jul 10, 2022
Napavine WA
Hey all. I am new to diesel engines and I got a free mini tractor. it is a Kubota b6000e and is in really rough shape. First of all, I can not get it started. after a bunch of cleaning I got it to where I can now when I turn it over get a puff of smoke out of each of the two exhaust ports. One of the injectors seems to be missing a part. The other one has something in the fuel inlet for it that looks kind of like part of a Schrader valve. I dont know what it is called to do a search for one. I took out the fuel injectors and put them through a hydrostatic cleaner with some degreaser in it. They look cleaner but since I can not get them apart it is hard to know if I got enough to un-gum them. This tractor has been sitting for 4 to 5 years at my father in laws and I am trying to bring it back to life. If anyone has tips and tricks for this I would appreciate it. Oh yeah. it cranks but will not fire.

James

TSmith2670

Equipment
BX2670, B6000
Dec 28, 2015
Hummelstown, Pa.
Do you have a manual? If not get one free online. The B6000 manual is not the best but it's a start. It has instructions on bleeding the fuel system for the injectors. Make sure the compression release lever is closed. You should only need that when it is cold outside. Sounds like the glow plugs are getting hot but maybe you are not heating them up enough. My B6000 likes to have the glow plugs nice and hot. The manual will have proper starting instructions.

mortonarts

Equipment
Kubota b6000e
Jul 10, 2022
Napavine WA
Do you have a manual? If not get one free online. The B6000 manual is not the best but it's a start. It has instructions on bleeding the fuel system for the injectors. Make sure the compression release lever is closed. You should only need that when it is cold outside. Sounds like the glow plugs are getting hot but maybe you are not heating them up enough. My B6000 likes to have the glow plugs nice and hot. The manual will have proper starting instructions.
I have a manual for it. I use the site port to see when the coil is running cherry red hot for the glow plugs. I also used an amp clamp to see that they are pulling 5 amps at the first glow plug and 4 at the second. Not sure what normal is. It looks like I have a fuel delivery issue as when I give it a wiff of either it doesnt seem to make a difference.

TSmith2670

Equipment
BX2670, B6000
Dec 28, 2015
Hummelstown, Pa.
Don't use either. It is hard on the engine. Try beading the injectors. Instructions are in the manual. Also check the fuel filter. Make sure you have fuel to the pump. Check the pump also. If it is not clicking when it's on it is not working. NAPA sells a pump that will work.

Reactions: 2 users

RBsingl

Equipment
Kubota F 2690 72" rear discharge deck, Deere 955
Jul 1, 2022
Central IL
Don't use either. It is hard on the engine. Try beading the injectors. Instructions are in the manual. Also check the fuel filter. Make sure you have fuel to the pump. Check the pump also. If it is not clicking when it's on it is not working. NAPA sells a pump that will work.
Listen to TSmith! NEVER use ether in a diesel engine with glow plugs! Ether can easily cause the cylinder to fire during the compression stroke turning a non-starting engine into a never will start again engine. Diesel engines are designed to compress an intake air charge, NOT an in progress combustion event.

It is generally a bad idea anyway for engines and additional starting aids aren't needed for these engines (other than a block heater in very cold weather) unless the engine has other issues which should be addressed to cure the cause rather than treat the symptom.

Reactions: 1 user