Kubota B2601 Winter Front Covers and other '01 series tractors

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Kubota B2601 Winter Front Covers Now Available thanks to an OTT member’s help!

This also is a 3piece set sewn to custom fit the B2601’s front grill opening and match the hood’s side contours and covering those vented areas as well. Like the other sets available, these are also easy on/off with no tools as they’re held in place with magnets sewn within the hems. To install, hold the piece in place and let the magnets attach to the hoods metal surface. Once attached, the piece can be easily shifted into place as needed for a matching fit. If the outdoor ambient temps start to warm up enough where the covers aren’t needed you simply lift them off and away.

A few benefits: In cold weather they will make for quicker warm ups. They’ll help keep your engine oil temperature warm enough to help eliminate any buildup of condensation within. Help keep your fuel warmer and help to keep snow from being ingested under the hood, especially with front mounted snow blowers.

As always, you should pay close attention to your temperature gauge while getting used to these covers in different operating conditions and combinations of the covers used. Here’s some pics: (Select to enlarge the thumbnail pics)

B2601 Winter Front Covers.jpg B2601 Angled View of Covers.jpg B2601 Front Cover Side Attachment.jpg B2601 Left Side Angled View.jpg B2601 Right Side Top Edge.jpg

Currently priced at $170 shipped in the US. Shipping to Canada unfortunately requires additional shipping.

Here’s a link to the “For Sale” listing, current prices, and the other models available: Winter Fronts For Sale

If interested you can start a conversation or there’s a link to an email address in the “for sale” listing.

And as always: I offer a money back guarantee if for any reason you’re dissatisfied. Just send them back.

David

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

M&M

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 16, 2021
Canada
Hi Bird dogger, how can i order a 3pc winter front for my LX2610
THANKS
M&M

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Hi Bird dogger, how can i order a 3pc winter front for my LX2610
THANKS
M&M
Hi M&M, I sent you some info in an answer to your conversation. You'll see that "Envelope" icon in the upper right corner of your screen when you sign in. Select that and you should find it. If not, reply back her and we'll make things happen. And WELLCOME to OTT! Lots of great info and help here!
Regards,
David

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Beutiful work on those covers
Thanks for the compliment, Plant 175! I had some great help from Greg, here on OTT, that with his expert eye and measuring skills enabled these to turn out so nicely.

With some help from others on OTT here, I now have patterns for the following Kubota models: B2650/3350, LX2610/3310, B2601, L3560LE (which should be the same for all the Grand L 60 series models.
If someone had a L2501 and wanted a set of covers, it would be fun (with their help) to work up a set of plans for that one also.
David

greg86z28

Equipment
B2601
May 17, 2020
South Central Wisconsin
Hey all I'm Greg. David's a really nice guy and helped me get the template he needed. I have a set and they are really nice quality (material, magnets, construction) and work really well. I just wish I had a cab now ;) so I could be warm too.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Hey all I'm Greg. David's a really nice guy and helped me get the template he needed. I have a set and they are really nice quality (material, magnets, construction) and work really well. I just wish I had a cab now ;) so I could be warm too.
Hey Greg! You guys with the new B2601 covers will have to post your experiences with them once the really cold weather sets in after the new year.

Speaking of tractor cabs: I didn't want the permanently mounted factory cab on my B2650 (or my previous JD750 compact). But a removeable cab just for winter use was an option when I was younger and getting to be more of a necessity now with the B2650. :) So a refined version of my JD cab was made for the B2650. Inexpensive, easily installed/removed, heated, and roomy inside. Maybe something like this one would meet your needs to keep you cozy just for snowblowing season in your B2601. You can see my build
here: Kubota B2650 Cab Fabrication

And thanks again, Greg, for your expert help with the B2601 covers!!
David

jkrubi12

Equipment
B2601/LA435/QA54"/BH70/B8160box/BB1254/PFL1242/SGC0554/WC-68 Chipper
Sep 24, 2012
right coast
B2601 owner here with a new set of winter covers from bird dogger. Very nice fit & finish on the covers, EZ acquisition as well. Thanks David! :) (y)

Reactions: 1 user