Kubota B2150 Starter - best options?

kmmontandon

Equipment
B2150
Feb 1, 2019
Chester, CA
The B2150 seems a bit hard to track down parts for, so I was looking for recommendations as to picking up a new, whole starter (not just the solenoid).

I'm currently looking at this one right here:

Anyone have any recommendations as to better places to look/brands to look for, or does this seem solid?

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
The B2150 seems a bit hard to track down parts for, so I was looking for recommendations as to picking up a new, whole starter (not just the solenoid).

I'm currently looking at this one right here:

Anyone have any recommendations as to better places to look/brands to look for, or does this seem solid?
Since no one has responded I will offer one view of your situation.

First, what makes you believe you need a new starter?

Often, on this and other forums, owners are jumping to conclusions regarding their starter's failure but when the situation is thoroughly examined, almost all starter issues turn out to be safety switch related. Safety switches not passing any power, tired safety switches not passing enough power to engage the starter.

If indeed your starter has failed, the best long term strategy is to try and have it repaired at a specialty shop. The quality in the OEM ,(original equipment manufacturer) almost always far exceeds the on line products which usually have a source path traced back to China. Electrical products are even being labelled with reputable manufacturer's brand names just to mislead consumers into buying a substandard product

Companies like the big A......., eBay, are under a lot of pressure these days from their facilitation of the sale of counterfeit products to unwary consumers.

Share more details and I will comment further.

Dave

Reactions: 1 user

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
To what Dave said I will add that when the Bendix unit on my old Mitsubishi tractor failed a local starter shop would have repaired it but the price for a complete new starter was only slightly higher. On top of that he was right there in town whereas it could be more sticky returning a failed starter or getting the wrong one the first time around. He did have to order the starter but then he was responsible for any errors in ordering or any defects in the starter. Of course being a starter shop they can also diagnose and tell you if your starter has any problems.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user