Kubota b21 and backhoe bt751 how do I remove boom cylinder if I want to replace seal kit

Serge

Equipment
Kubota b21
Sep 5, 2020
Canada
image.jpg

I don’t know how to remove the boom cylinder it should have a trick Also how to disconnect the hoses
.anybody can help
Me on that one

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
raise the back wheels of the tractor up as high as you can leave front wheels on the ground

stretch the boom out as far as you can; I actually take the dipperstick off usually and let the boom fall to the ground

remove the boom pin from the main frame

use hydraulics to suck the rod in then shut the engine off, work the boom lever a few times to relieve any pressure

remove the rear boom pin and then reach in & pull the cylinder out, then disconnect hoses.

there's other ways to do it but that's the way i did em

Serge

Equipment
Kubota b21
Sep 5, 2020
Canada
raise the back wheels of the tractor up as high as you can leave front wheels on the ground

stretch the boom out as far as you can; I actually take the dipperstick off usually and let the boom fall to the ground

remove the boom pin from the main frame

use hydraulics to suck the rod in then shut the engine off, work the boom lever a few times to relieve any pressure

remove the rear boom pin and then reach in & pull the cylinder out, then disconnect hoses.

there's other ways to do it but that's the way i did em
Thank you so much that give me a general idea how to do the job

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Thank you so much that give me a general idea how to do the job
On mine I extended the boom full like lugbolt said, but found rotating the backhoe full to one side made pulling the cylinder out easy. Not sure I would have been able to pull the cylinder out if the boom was positioned directly behind the tractor...unless I dug a ditch so the boom would angle down at a greater angle. (that idea just popped into my head now...:))

Also, note the orientation of the cylinder and put it back in the same way it came out. I faintly remember that I did not do that, and had some interference preventing me from getting a pin back in at the stick end, until I pulled it back out and rotated it to the other possible orientation...