Kubota AV6500B portable generator

BlownL67

Apr 25, 2009
West Springfield, Ma.
Last week I won an auction for an AV6500B generator on Ebay. It was listed from a pretty repuatable seller in running condition but was not putting out any power.

The unit was shipped to my friend since I am deployed to the Middle East and he got it up and running and wants to solve the power output issue. I have searched high and low for manuals and cannot seem to come across any either!

Can anyone give me a good place to start when troubleshooting the no power output issue ?

Thanks! - Mark

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
AVR, which is the auto voltage regulator. Many seem to fail there for one reason or another. Dunno how to troubleshoot without manuals tho.

B7100

Equipment
B7100,B7100 with Backhoe and FEL, Goldoni Quad 20
Feb 11, 2010
Wales
See if you can find out if it failed to charge after standing for a long time,if so,

If its anything like my lowboy gl6500 it may require flashing to re magnetise the exciter system.
There is nowhere in my WSM that mentions this so it may not be recommended. I have been doing it on various gennys for years but try at your own risk:
Connect loom size covered wires with 1/2 stripped back on a jumper battery +ve and -ve,start genny,switch voltage selector to 110,quickly shove the free ends of the two wires from the battery into each of the 110 v recepticles two smaller holes(not the larger earth one)...if luck is with you, it should start to charge again after hearing some electrical arcing from the ends of the wires.
dave
Edit i do have some detailed genny trouble shooting guides if thats any help?

Last edited: