Kitchen and Bath Faucet Manufacturers - Your Favorite?

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I can't find many I'm happy with..

We have hard water and ~95 PSI at kitchen tap. Was Health Inspector that regulated the public water system we get water from. I've measured it at my kitchen faucet with good gear.

Have dealt with many brands over the years, from parent's, in-law's, and my own house:

Delta - stink (for me) - dealt with MANY over the years - never liked the friggin' cartridges - things are frustrating....drip, drip.. Have one Delta in tub/shower... Put new cartridges/seals/springs in 3 times in 15 years. Just ordered another set of cartridges/seals/springs for #4.

Danze - stink (for me)- had one in kitchen when remodeled. Probably $250-350 new. Lasted 3 years, and replaced...

Moen - maybe good? - Replaced Danze. So far do good with that one...~7 years.

Price Pfister - Good - just one lavatory faucet ~ 15 years old. Did have to re-pack once.

Sterling - Great - real cheap plastic stuff. One lavatory faucet hasn't been touched in 25 years. A kitchen faucet also lasted longer than any others..

Some if this is because we have 95 PSI and hard water. 80-110 PSI is common with some our local water systems. I live in a low spot in our system, on a dead end.

We have a individual sewage system, leaking faucets or toilets can add (even double) the amount of water used in a household. I've seen septic system failures caused solely by one leaking toilet. So keeping stuff drip-free is important to me.

What's your favorite Faucet Brand?

Last edited:

BruceP

Equipment
G5200H
Aug 7, 2016
Richmond, Vermont, USA
I have learned from experience to install the BEST I can get. (lying under a sink is not my idea of a fun weekend)

I am partial to MOEN for several reasons.
*) LIFETIME GUARANTEE -- just call them and they will send all the parts you need to fix it for free.
*) They make BOTH a 'homeowner' and 'professional' line of products.
--Do not expect to get the good stuff at your local hardware store.
--A plumbing supply shop will carry the better stuff.

BTW: if you have 95PSI, consider installing a pressure-regulator in the feed-line. 95PSI is WAYYYY too much and can burst plastic parts within washing-machine / dishwasher while you are not home.

Fro65

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301HST, LA525, BH77, LP tiller, LP grader box, LP blade, BX2380
Dec 30, 2014
NorthEast Indiana
Holy smokes...95 PSI? That's a water jet not a faucet.:eek:
I would think that would almost hurt to take a shower in. Around here, 40 PSI is about max.

My house will be 25 years old this fall and all my original Moen fixtures are still doing well. We have hard water with a lot of rust.

NWAZL3560

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, LA805 loader, BH77 backhoe, rock bucket, box blade, pallet forks
Jun 11, 2018
Mesquite, NV
I've had good luck with Moen single lever. The cartridges get tight and hard to turn after a while and need to be replaced. But I haven't had any leak.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Moen as well here, have been replacing all fixtures in our house since we’ve been here as we go. Going on third year so way to early to tell. Pressure does sound really high though!

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
The MOEN I have now is my first, if my memory serves.

Been happy with it; maybe that should be the go-to..

As far as pressure, we live in an area where systems have concentrations of users in valleys, but also some up-slope in the hills.

Systems were designed (i.e., tanks located) to keep minimum 35 PSI to up-slope connections. At 2.3'/1 psi, it can add up down the hill quickly.

PRV's are not common for service connections that I know of, although PRV are used for boilers all the time. We have a couple systems that have in-line PRV's (6 or 8"), but they tend to be problematic..

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
American Standard

Years ago I would have said A.S. was junk but they have improved and rebounded as good quality units!

Have had very very good results from them over many years of service, warranty is excellent, and replacement / repair parts have always been easy to find when I needed them.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
American Standard are my favorite toilets, bar none.

Never dealt with their faucets that I recall. Good to know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
We have high water pressure in our area. But that's due to the water towers being built in the higher areas :p Most everyone around here has a pressure regulator right in front of there water meter to knock the pressure down to around 50 to 60 psi going into there homes. Pressure regulator is pretty much required though, water pressure before the meter is around 125 psi :eek:

I have delta faucets in the bathrooms. Not sure how old they are. They were installed before we bought our house 8 years ago. Gotta swap them soon though. Both leak when the handle is put in a certain position.

I have an American standard facet in the kitchen sink. Spout is taller for filling pots and is also a sprayer. So far so good, but was installed a year ago when we remodeled.

vic gerbasi

Equipment
M110 L3300
Feb 19, 2016
dugald mb canada
i switched from first installed product to Pfister-high quality- found out after installing that 2 units had cracks and leaks in them returned all Pfister products =4 lavatory faucet and one kitchen with extendable spray head = all returned and got Moen for whole house VERY happy with Zero problems.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Whatever you buy, get 2-3 repair 'kits' WHEN you buy AND store in a cupboard NEXT to where they're used. Found out he hard way, the store will NOT have the 'kit' you need on Sunday ......

Reactions: 1 user

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
We replaced all our faucets to "hands free" Moens last year.

TWO BIG thumbs up for the hands free and food prep. I added hands free soap dispensers as well.

I was looking like Nostradamus at the beginning of the outbreak but really it was the food prep that prompted the change.

My wife loves them because all the fixtures stay clean now. She has a peeve about water spots.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The new house is all Hansgrohe, I've had really good luck with them in the past.
They are not cheap but a little shopping around saved me a ton.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Hmm... got looking at this thread and realized I started it 18 months ago.....

For what it's worth, my kitchen Moen and very cheapie bathroom Sterling are still great.

Replaced the very old Pfister bathroom with a Pfister. Started leaking somewhere after 20 years. Didn't seem like packing so just pulled it. New one seems good.

Outvoted 1-1, the Mrs. liked the Pfister over the Moen...:oops:

We're starting to consider renovating both bathrooms. They're directly over each other. Incur all the hassle one time.

May go to the Moen camp....might give Wolfman's Hansgrohe a look.

Again, reason for my original question was there aren't any I'm particularly happy with.

Last edited:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I can't find many I'm happy with..

We have hard water and ~95 PSI at kitchen tap. Was Health Inspector that regulated the public water system we get water from. I've measured it at my kitchen faucet with good gear.

Have dealt with many brands over the years, from parent's, in-law's, and my own house:

Delta - stink (for me) - dealt with MANY over the years - never liked the friggin' cartridges - things are frustrating....drip, drip.. Have one Delta in tub/shower... Put new cartridges/seals/springs in 3 times in 15 years. Just ordered another set of cartridges/seals/springs for #4.

Danze - stink (for me)- had one in kitchen when remodeled. Probably $250-350 new. Lasted 3 years, and replaced...

Moen - maybe good? - Replaced Danze. So far do good with that one...~7 years.

Price Pfister - Good - just one lavatory faucet ~ 15 years old. Did have to re-pack once.

Sterling - Great - real cheap plastic stuff. One lavatory faucet hasn't been touched in 25 years. A kitchen faucet also lasted longer than any others..

Some if this is because we have 95 PSI and hard water. 80-110 PSI is common with some our local water systems. I live in a low spot in our system, on a dead end.

We have a individual sewage system, leaking faucets or toilets can add (even double) the amount of water used in a household. I've seen septic system failures caused solely by one leaking toilet. So keeping stuff drip-free is important to me.

What's your favorite Faucet Brand?
The cheapest I can buy. We too have hard, mineral laden well water (it's so bad I won't even wash the cars or equipment with it), I capture rain water in 2 350 gallon IBC mega totes and use that.

If you wash anything with it, you get a nice, white haze.

I buy the least expensive fixtures I can get, always. I peruse Menards or Lowes or Home Despot and look for the Chineseum stuff, preferrably plastic body and washered because the cartridged stuff dies quicker.

I want to hear that rubber squeak when I shut the valve off.... (y)

With us, the cheaper the better because nothing lasts very long.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
The new house is all Hansgrohe, I've had really good luck with them in the past.
They are not cheap but a little shopping around saved me a ton.
Never heard of them. probably last a month on our well water.

I buy the cheapest. That way it don't hurt so bad at replacement time.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
The cheapest I can buy.

With us, the cheaper the better because nothing lasts very long.
In 30 years, I've probably put almost 10 kitchen faucets in. The Sterling (cheapie) lasted the longest, by far.

That said, the Moen is getting close....geez, I shouldn't have said that! :oops: