Junk shop find!! My next project.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Just thought I would share my find. It's also gonna be my next project around the house. This is where you guys come in. I'm looking for ideas for some bar stools. I found the seats for the stools. 3 of them to be exact.

Haven't decided if I'm gonna weld up the stools. Or make them out of wood with the seats I found. Looking for patterns in both options. Something simple but nice looking at the same time.

Here's the seats I found :D 3 vintage tractor seats for sale for $18 each. I was looking at them on ebay, but those were $25 plus shipping.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Make a good shop stool with casters so you could scoot around the shop

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Daren, I'll to get a picture for you. I have a similar tractor seat. I welded a 2" pipe on the bottom and then welded a plain (not notched) field disc for it to set on. I use it outside, in the barn or shop.

You probably don"t want to weld to your new find, so you could make a plate to bolt it all to the seat.

This is the bottom.

greeno

Equipment
B2710 w/LA402 FEL, BL4690 hoe, RB1560, GS1560, Haban 5' sickle bar, 5' JD RC
Jul 14, 2018
Big Lake MN
Find some swivel bar stools at a garage sale and swap out the seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Daren, I'll to get a picture for you. I have a similar tractor seat. I welded a 2" pipe on the bottom and then welded a plain (not notched) field disc for it to set on. I use it outside, in the barn or shop.

You probably don"t want to weld to your new find, so you could make a plate to bolt it all to the seat.

This is the bottom.
That looks like a turning disc....:D

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Just thought I would share my find. It's also gonna be my next project around the house. This is where you guys come in. I'm looking for ideas for some bar stools. I found the seats for the stools. 3 of them to be exact.

Haven't decided if I'm gonna weld up the stools. Or make them out of wood with the seats I found. Looking for patterns in both options. Something simple but nice looking at the same time.

Here's the seats I found :D 3 vintage tractor seats for sale for $18 each. I was looking at them on ebay, but those were $25 plus shipping.

TSC and Flea Bay) sell some nice cloth, padded covers.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Len, I like that idea. Nice and simple :D

Bar stools are gonna be bar height instead of chair height. So my main concern is stability. Course enough weight on the bottom would take care of that. I also would need to come up with a foot rest.

Tughill Tom

Equipment
B3200
Dec 23, 2013
Turin, NY
Nice find! I'd have them blasted and power coated, (one in Kubota orange).
Then get some nice Maple or Hickory bar stool bases for them.
Let us know the outcome.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Daren - I can relate…. I have a few projects like that! :oops:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Daren - I can relate…. I have a few projects like that! :oops:
We actually are in the process of selling the house. Had the inspection already. Appraisal was done Friday. Closing is set for early October. Should hear Monday or Tuesday on the appraisal.

Been looking at rental properties. 😱😱 Premium prices on run down POS. Wife and I contacted a property manager that we rented from before. They have really nice stuff. Got pre-approved and put a deposit down on one of their 3 bedroom luxury homes. Home rents for around the same price as some of the ghetto homes we looked at. Place is brand new and we will be the first tenants in the house 😎😎😎 once in and settled, I won't know what to do with myself.

Property manager handles all the yard work and any maintenance 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

I should have some time for hobbies 👍👍👍👍

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
We actually are in the process of selling the house. Had the inspection already. Appraisal was done Friday. Closing is set for early October. Should hear Monday or Tuesday on the appraisal.

Been looking at rental properties. 😱😱 Premium prices on run down POS. Wife and I contacted a property manager that we rented from before. They have really nice stuff. Got pre-approved and put a deposit down on one of their 3 bedroom luxury homes. Home rents for around the same price as some of the ghetto homes we looked at. Place is brand new and we will be the first tenants in the house 😎😎😎 once in and settled, I won't know what to do with myself.

Oh cool..

Very much a seller’s market here, so they say. If similar down there, good time to sell.

I can relate about hobbies; after I get 5 tons of wood pellets (3 down), fix the ice maker in the fridge, change the window glass in the pellet stove and mow the lawn, I’ll be looking for something fun to do! 😀

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Oh cool..

Very much a seller’s market here, so they say. If similar down there, good time to sell.

I can relate about hobbies; after I get 5 tons of wood pellets (3 down), fix the ice maker in the fridge, change the window glass in the pellet stove and mow the lawn, I’ll be looking for something fun to do! 😀
It's been project after project here. I'm looking forward to some time not to worry about projects 😂🤣😂🤣

Had the condensation drain back up on the ac. Water got into the underlayment for the laminate flooring. Had to pull up around 200sqft of flooring. Replace the underlayment. Then piece the flooring back together. Only took about 4 hrs. But I felt like I got run over by a truck afterwards 🙄🙄

In the process, I managed to rip the linoleum flooring in the laundry room. That was a 2 day project scraping up laminate flooring. Getting it back to bare concrete. Then laid vinyl tile in it's place 🤬🤬🤬🤬 And before folks chime in about some fancy tool for getting up laminate flooring. Yeah, tried that, the tool was bloody dangerous and took for ever. Found the fastest and easiest way was sharpening the flat tip on a tamp bar for fencing. Then using that to peal up the laminate and scrape the floor. Plenty of weight on the bar so it required less of my back and shoulders.

Gutters, patch and paint the wall on the sun porch, keep up with the lawn, work, on call........

I'm ready for for some "Me time" where all i got to do is walk the pooch 😁😁😁 And do that work thing 🥺🥺🥺

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City

So what's the status of the zero turn, in storage?

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
So what's the status of the zero turn, in storage?
Sons house till we find another place. I'm sure he will be more then happy to keep the battery charged 😁😁😁😁 If not, the house we are moving in to has a two car garage. So we can always store it there. Splitter is going to my son. Hasn't been used much in the past couple years and he wants to start selling firewood on the side. Landscape trailer will get stored at his house as well.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Yeah, I guess if we ever sold there’d be an auction.

Nobody left local to to take our “worldly possessions”….daughters in Philly and California, son pursuing medical school in Rochester, NY for now.

Doubt any of them could find parking for a’53 Minneapolis Moline……😜