Jobs everywhere, no workers.....

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
I believe the unemployment rate now is based off of people CURRENTLY SEARCHING for work. Somebody who is happily without a job and not looking for one is not counted in the unemployment numbers; that's how it can be so low.
That is to say, in this particular case they are not counted. They will be counted when "they" need the numbers to fit (as much as I hate using this word) their narrative.
Statistics are easily manipulated by whoever needs them. How else can you go from "We need to spend umpteen trillion dollars to help out the millions of people who are out of work," to "Look how good of a job (insert current president) is doing - unemployment is only 3%!"
It'll give you whiplash if you pay too much attention to it.

Reactions: 1 user

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Statistics are easily manipulated by whoever needs them. How else can you go from "We need to spend umpteen trillion dollars to help out the millions of people who are out of work," to "Look how good of a job (insert current president) is doing - unemployment is only 3%!"
It'll give you whiplash if you pay too much attention to it.
You got that right. Worked with a PhD fellow out of the SAS institute. Whenever I needed a certain "outcome" for a statistical test, he'd gin up a test for me to "prove" the outcome I wanted for some environmental problem we needed to get around. ;)

I will not name the company, but it is a very large petrochemical business.

The very same applies to your statement above, wether politics, or business, I'm willing to bet there there is an "approved" statistical test that will get you the answer you so desire.

Reactions: 1 user