It's only new once.....

DeepWoods

Equipment
B2650HSDC Woodland Mills WC68 Wood Chipper
Apr 10, 2019
Bigfork Minnesota
Thanks to all for their replies!

@DeepWoods, I did look at that guard you made and that's very impressive work...As an aspiring welder I also liked the friendly advice from the crew!

As far as the grille guard, I'd really like to fab one from expanded metal; currently researching $500-ish MIG welders. If I see a REALLY nice bolt-on, I'd consider it. I've checked websites for several I've seen here.

Today's big project: Installing steering wheel knob :ROFLMAO:
Here is my grill guard build, it is welded together, but is attached with bolts so I can remove if it gets damaged and needs repair

Reactions: 1 user

jkrubi12

Equipment
B2601/LA435/QA54"/BH70/B8160box/BB1254/PFL1242/SGC0554/WC-68 Chipper
Sep 24, 2012
right coast
@DeepWoods, thanks for posting the link....I really like the approach you took to fixing the issue!(y)

Removable bolt-on guard does look like a very tempting solution!

XSpecBx

Equipment
B2601, Artillian Pallet Forks, Woodmaxx MX-8600, LP BB1248
Apr 3, 2022
Ledyard, CT
Bought my B2601 in December, upgraded from a BX1880. Very capable machine and have been very happy with the upgrade.

Still waiting on a BH as well. Dealer had thought maybe April, but nothing yet.

Good luck

jkrubi12

Equipment
B2601/LA435/QA54"/BH70/B8160box/BB1254/PFL1242/SGC0554/WC-68 Chipper
Sep 24, 2012
right coast
Bought my B2601 in December, upgraded from a BX1880. Very capable machine and have been very happy with the upgrade.

Still waiting on a BH as well. Dealer had thought maybe April, but nothing yet.

Good luck
XSpecBx, any news on the backhoe?

I really wanna contact my dealer for an update on when it's arriving, just don't want to be a PITA.

It's only been a little over a month for me waiting, but the list of jobs for the BH keeps growing! :rolleyes:

XSpecBx

Equipment
Apr 3, 2022
Ledyard, CT
XSpecBx, any news on the backhoe?

I really wanna contact my dealer for an update on when it's arriving, just don't want to be a PITA.

It's only been a little over a month for me waiting, but the list of jobs for the BH keeps growing! :rolleyes:
Still no word. Stopped in about a month ago and they had no ETA. I reached out to a few other dealers, they told me any new orders are back ordered till 2023, so I’m planning to not have the backhoe anytime soon. I’m actually renting an excavator in a couple weeks to do a couple jobs that I had planned for the backhoe that can’t wait anymore.

Depending on where you are located, I did find a dealer in West Virginia that had one in stock along with the subframe, but shipping to CT was expensive and I don’t have the time to make the road trip.

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
So how does that work? Are you making payments on a backhoe that you dont have yet?

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
Thanks to all for their replies!

@DeepWoods, I did look at that guard you made and that's very impressive work...As an aspiring welder I also liked the friendly advice from the crew!

As far as the grille guard, I'd really like to fab one from expanded metal; currently researching $500-ish MIG welders. If I see a REALLY nice bolt-on, I'd consider it. I've checked websites for several I've seen here.

Today's big project: Installing steering wheel knob :ROFLMAO:
Just so you dont have to come back and ask.......the steering knob spinner will not wind up in the same place you put it after using your machine!

XSpecBx

Equipment
Apr 3, 2022
Ledyard, CT
So how does that work? Are you making payments on a backhoe that you dont have yet?
I didn’t put the backhoe in the financing package. I put the tractor and anything else they had available in it and plan to either finance the backhoe separately (they have a 0% for 2 years I believe) or just buy it outright and be done with it.

there was some gymnastics that could have been done supposedly, but it was more work than it was worth so I didn’t bother.