It's only new once.....

jkrubi12

Equipment
B2601/LA435/QA54"/BH70/B8160box/BB1254/PFL1242/SGC0554/WC-68 Chipper
Sep 24, 2012
right coast
A few pics of my new B2601.....Loader, BH, grapple, box blade......BH not in stock, due soon.

Dealer experience positive (except for delivery), all fluids seem to be full. All hydraulics appear to be functioning perfectly.

Third function has no 'hard lines', all hoses; was told it is a Kubota kit (that's what I ordered).

Tires loaded, must be beet juice, stains on wheel gave it away. :D

Attachments

• Love
Reactions: 17 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Enjoy the new machine. Tomorrow I expect to see it full of mud, scratches, and proof that it isn't a garage ♛

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
A few pics of my new B2601.....Loader, BH, grapple, box blade......BH not in stock, due soon.

Dealer experience positive (except for delivery), all fluids seem to be full. All hydraulics appear to be functioning perfectly.

Third function has no 'hard lines', all hoses; was told it is a Kubota kit (that's what I ordered).

First thig I did with my new L3901 was take it out and make a run with the loader through a big blackberry patch. No more worries about the first scratch :p With that grapple I strongly suggest you invest in a grille guard - you will punch a hole in it if you don't. Only took me about a week to puncture mine.

IMO the placement of the third function valve and couplers is better than most. I have no problem with the hoses but some snazzy hose guide brackets on the vertical post to keep them dressed might have been a nice addition.

Nice looking little machine - have fun.

Dan

Reactions: 1 user

Grindstone

Equipment
B2601, FEL, BH, MMM
Mar 10, 2022
CT
Congrats on the new machine you'll LOVE it! Plus one on the grill guard even a homemade guard of expanded metal and zip ties is better than nothing. Mine has saved my grill a few times. Youd be surprised what tries to sneak through.

DeepWoods

Equipment
B2650HSDC Woodland Mills WC68 Wood Chipper
Apr 10, 2019
Bigfork Minnesota
Congratulations on the new toy. You may want to consider making a guard for underneath the front end as well. I came close to puncturing the AC coil as well as the radiator. Made this guard to protect the area where the stick did get thru.

I never even knew it happened till I was doing routine maintenance. It surely would have ruined my day had the stick gone a little further in.

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
Looks like a great machine - enjoy! That third function appears to be a Kubota kit, the land pride kits I've seen don't have that on-off button on them. The LA535 kit has hard lines but the one for the B series loader appears to be different. Either way, looks well organized and a clean install.

My delivery was also subpar - the guy couldn't answer a lot of my questions so I scoured the web for add'l information and read the manuals.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Looks like a great machine - enjoy! That third function appears to be a Kubota kit, the land pride kits I've seen don't have that on-off button on them. The LA535 kit has hard lines but the one for the B series loader appears to be different. Either way, looks well organized and a clean install.

My delivery was also subpar - the guy couldn't answer a lot of my questions so I scoured the web for add'l information and read the manuals.
LOL. I have a friend that retired and got a job delivering JD tractors for a local dealership. The sum total of his product knowlege was how to drive them onto and off of the trailer.

Dan

• Haha

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
LOL. I have a friend that retired and got a job delivering JD tractors for a local dealership. The sum total of his product knowlege was how to drive them onto and off of the trailer.

Dan
That's the exact service I received 😂

top gnome

Equipment
b2301 w bh fel grapple back blade snow plow forks
Dec 12, 2021
Fundy shore nova scotia
First thig I did with my new L3901 was take it out and make a run with the loader through a big blackberry patch. No more worries about the first scratch :p With that grapple I strongly suggest you invest in a grille guard - you will punch a hole in it if you don't. Only took me about a week to puncture mine.

IMO the placement of the third function valve and couplers is better than most. I have no problem with the hoses but some snazzy hose guide brackets on the vertical post to keep them dressed might have been a nice addition.

Nice looking little machine - have fun.

Dan
Enjoy the tractor

I scratched my hood the day after it was delivered.

I used hardboard and zip ties to make a grill guard and I know it has already saved the radiator great advice from this site but any grill guard on even a temporary one will help. The grapple will let branches thru.

my delivery guy was great near 0f and windy on delivery day and he took the bh off and put the three point on for me along with spending an hour going over the controls and having me drive and operate the tractor.

I like your third function set up - mine has an extra steel post that makes it hard to get on the tractor from the right side.

jkrubi12

Equipment
Sep 24, 2012
right coast
Thanks to all for their replies!

@DeepWoods, I did look at that guard you made and that's very impressive work...As an aspiring welder I also liked the friendly advice from the crew!

As far as the grille guard, I'd really like to fab one from expanded metal; currently researching $500-ish MIG welders. If I see a REALLY nice bolt-on, I'd consider it. I've checked websites for several I've seen here.

Today's big project: Installing steering wheel knob :ROFLMAO:

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 100 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA

Congrats OP.
I recognize that dealer sticker quite well. :cool:
I'm going to seen Ben tomorrow hopefully to pick up a box blade.
Between that and the Jeep handle I'm guessing we've hit some of the same trails before.
Paul R

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
Thanks to all for their replies!

@DeepWoods, I did look at that guard you made and that's very impressive work...As an aspiring welder I also liked the friendly advice from the crew!

As far as the grille guard, I'd really like to fab one from expanded metal; currently researching $500-ish MIG welders. If I see a REALLY nice bolt-on, I'd consider it. I've checked websites for several I've seen here.

Today's big project: Installing steering wheel knob :ROFLMAO:
The steering wheel knob was my first very important mod on the tractor.

Good choice !

Quick

Equipment
B2601, LA435, BH70, LP SGC0554 Grapple, LP RB1672 Rear Blade, King Kutter 60" BB
Sep 23, 2021
St. Clair, MO.
That's a perty tractor! Congrats and enjoy!

jkrubi12

Equipment
Sep 24, 2012
right coast
Congrats OP.
I recognize that dealer sticker quite well. :cool:
I'm going to seen Ben tomorrow hopefully to pick up a box blade.
Between that and the Jeep handle I'm guessing we've hit some of the same trails before.
Paul R
I liked that place the minute I walked in there. They've been in business for decades. I felt like I was 'buying local' from people who've been selling Kubota for a long time. The way they treat their customers they're gonna be there for a long time to come. (y)