It's Here

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Unwritten rule of thumb is, customer added accessories add no value to the trade in price or the asking price when selling outright. How it works. Any informed buyer will shop for what a certain unit is worth on a dealers lot and base their offer on that price and dealers will never uprate a trade in price based on customer added non builder accessories such as LED lights or fans or grill guards or add on skid plates, etc.

Tractor value is always based on the tractor and builder optioned accessories, always and that includes dealer installed options but not third party add ons.

Dealers will look at the overall condition of any unit, was it greased, is it dented or scratched, are the tires in good shape, was it serviced recently, etc., not added stuff and a private sale buyer should do the exact same thing. One thing I never do is 'fall in love' with any tractor. To me, it's a tool only. I love my wife and my dog, not my tractors. The are well maintained but I don't sleep with them though I do snooze in the cab when it's hot out, after I eat my lunch. :)

Just because I have multiple cameras on one of my units, it's for my benefit and I would never consider that increasing the value of the unit. if it did, all well and good, but I'm not expecting it to. Same with my 3rd function loader hydraulics I installed and fabbed myself. I did that for a specific use, not to increase the worth or resale value, not that either one is for sale because they aren't.

When I buy a unit, I buy for utility, pto power and longevity, not for add on stuff.