It was delivered last Friday...

MattinVa

Equipment
Kubota MX6000 HSTC
Nov 27, 2021
Chesapeake, VA
Gentlemen,
I took possession of my MX6000 last week. It was ordered on 12/30/21 to avoid the 6% increase on the tractor and 7% increase on the FEL that came into effect on January first. I worried that I had bought far too little of a tractor, however, some time behind the wheel has put that worry to rest. Just a few thoughts...

Grammer Air Ride Seat. Love this. Well worth the money...(IMHO)
DSC02093.JPG

DSC02083.JPG

Top and Tilt
130 Amp Altenator
Jensen HD, CD, Blutooth, and Sirius Satilite Radio ready.
Side Mirror Kit & FEL Rod Indicator(this should be standard equipment)
Kubota HD Round Back/Quick Attach Bucket w/ Bolt-on Cutting Edge
Rear Work Lights
WR Long Third Function Kit. I really love the "Made in China" quick hydro disconnects.

Equipment paid for waiting on delivery:
EA 60" Wicked Root Rake Grapple
QUICK ATTACH 78" "Brush Thrasher" (neat tool)
Screen Shot 2022-05-19 at 1.53.41 PM.png

GradeMaster 84" foot Farm & Ranch GraderMaster Grader Blade.

033-600x398-1.jpg

I will say that a bit of time behind the wheel has changed my perception of these little tractors. Now another month or so and I should have something to mount behind it...;-)

Regards, Matt in Virginia

Btw, the Cat 2 Speeco Quick Hitch was bought for the GradeMaster and little else. I got it from my dealer for less than half of a new one in the plastic. The GradeMaster is Cat 2 only...

Last edited:
Reactions: 20 users

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
That's almost too pretty to get dirty! But go ahead and work her!

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
Welcome.. that's a nice one! Wish I had it!!

Reactions: 1 user

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I will say that a bit of time behind the wheel has changed my perception of these little tractors.
Not sure I would say that the MX6000 is a "little" tractor after owning a BX25D for five years! I suppose the MX does feel a little small compared to the M6060 though!

Congratulations on your new tractor!! I have nothing but great things to say about the MX line having owned an MX6000 HST for over a year (sold) and an MX6000 HSTC for almost six months with a combined seat time of 160 hours or so.

MattinVa

Equipment
Kubota MX6000 HSTC
Nov 27, 2021
Chesapeake, VA
Not sure I would say that the MX6000 is a "little" tractor after owning a BX25D for five years! I suppose the MX does feel a little small compared to the M6060 though!
Gentlemen,
Thank you for the courteous welcome. It is much appreciated. Thank you...

mcmxi,
I should have qualified that statement. My family was in Big Ag up until the very early nineties and my first tractor was a John Deere 4840 with duals. They started me off when I was twelve. The 4840(180 PTO HP) was replaced with a 4850(190 PTO HP) with MFWD and 30" wide singles on the rear. Both tractors, when they were bought, were the biggest John Deere's made before going to an eight-wheel articulating tractor. The only other tractor I have run a lot is my 72' John Deere 4020. It is 91ish PTO horsepower. The 4020 hit that sweet spot, however, I got tired of dead batteries, weak hydraulics, and a worn-out 46A FEL. The MX6000 seemed very small when you consider the tractors I learned on...

THAT BEING SAID. The MX6000 is the ONLY tractor cab I have ever climbed into with a working AC system! I love that! The John Deeres did have working air ride seats, however, there is little more miserable than breaking land, having bad allergies, and being in a cab with the windows open and the AC system blowing warm dusty air.

Regards, Matt in Va.

Reactions: 1 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Gentlemen,
Thank you for the courteous welcome. It is much appreciated. Thank you...

mcmxi,
I should have qualified that statement. My family was in Big Ag up until the very early nineties and my first tractor was a John Deere 4840 with duals. They started me off when I was twelve. The 4840(180 PTO HP) was replaced with a 4850(190 PTO HP) with MFWD and 30" wide singles on the rear. Both tractors, when they were bought, were the biggest John Deere's made before going to an eight-wheel articulating tractor. The only other tractor I have run a lot is my 72' John Deere 4020. It is 91ish PTO horsepower. The 4020 hit that sweet spot, however, I got tired of dead batteries, weak hydraulics, and a worn-out 46A FEL. The MX6000 seemed very small when you consider the tractors I learned on...

THAT BEING SAID. The MX6000 is the ONLY tractor cab I have ever climbed into with a working AC system! I love that! The John Deeres did have working air ride seats, however, there is little more miserable than breaking land, having bad allergies, and being in a cab with the windows open and the AC system blowing warm dusty air.

Regards, Matt in Va.
Point taken. :ROFLMAO: Sounds like you had a wonderful childhood.

Reactions: 2 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
MattinVA - - you cut your teeth on some great green machines!

There’s many of those or similar used daily around here. Never operated one myself, unfortunately.

They’re also highly sought after when they come up for sale still, but they’re good HP for the $$. Don’t have all the electronics, emissions, etc.

Again unfortunate, but dairy liquidations are all too commonplace lately, so you see them quite often.

We live in the Home of Chobani Yogurt. They use a significant percentage of milk produced in New York. But still, the dairy industry in New York is failing. Diesel prices won’t help in 2022.

Milk and fuel pricing is a whole other topic, so I’ll go no further on that.;)

Last edited:

hedgerow

Jan 2, 2015
Malcolm NE
MattinVA I farmed for years with a pair of JD 4840's I always kept the AC working in them. In my area they were a big horse of the time, most ran 4440's. As the planters got bigger and took more Hyd Capacity I got tired of running PTO pumps to make up the difference. Moved on up to the JD 8000 series. I still have a 4440 around to run the bat wing in the summer the AC works in it. I bought a open station MX6000 last June to use around the farm. Its been a great tractor. I just don't like the small fuel tank and I may up grade the seat to a air seat.

MattinVa

Equipment
Kubota MX6000 HSTC
Nov 27, 2021
Chesapeake, VA
hedgerow(love the name!),
My particular 4840 was turned into a "planter tractor" and the new 4850 turned into the main tillage tractor. "My" 4840 had less than 1600 hours on it when I gave it up for the 4850. Those tractors routinely go for 10,000 hours plus with maintenance as you know. Then in for an in-frame. I will say that MFWD on the 4850 was a GAME CHANGER. It would pull an eight row KMC field cultivator, mounted on the quick hitch, that I know the 4840 would have struggled with... I remember hitting that MFWD rocker switch, not bright at 2100 rpm, as I was spinning the rear 30"s and it lurched forward fast enough to bump my head on the rear window. MFWD changed the machine. Granted 10 PTO HP is nothing to sneeze at, however, it is anything but a game changer. Preferred the 15 speed Powershift to the 8 speed Powershift but who does not like more choice? Don't know what to say about the single 30"s over Dual Rice & Canes. I just had super luck with the former. Most farmers around here running those tractors have LONG SINCE gone to dual radials...

I admit I LOVED both tractors even with the A/C issues. I think they would have gotten fixed sooner if my uncle would have had to operate them instead of me.

I also had a brand new IH/Case 475 Twin Tandem Disc, identical to the IH 475 it replaced, to pull as my only tillage equipment to go into the field with brand new black painted blades. Also pulled a Brillion 6 row plus cultipacker behind that disc on both tractors. I will never forget my older cousin telling me to watch "dust" build up in the center of the Cultipacker as he had ignored it and it brought the 4840 to a stop. I learned by listen to his experience in that event(and many others). Some folks have to pee on the wire so to speak...lol

Regards, Matt in VA.

Last edited:

MattinVa

Equipment
Kubota MX6000 HSTC
Nov 27, 2021
Chesapeake, VA
Gentlemen,
I should have covered this picture earlier. It is my MX6000 with Top & Tilt mounting a Cat 2 Speeco(GradeMaster requirement). I dunno how I will learn to like the tilt, however, the hydraulic top link was a winner when I first saw one on a new IH Case Magnum more than a decade ago...

I THOUGHT, I mean really thought, that I ordered 3 SCV's but evidently not. I think I am going to make that upgrade a third SCV.

Nits to pick so far:

1. Too little hydraulic flow. Granted I don't mind taking my time and doing it slowly...
2. Too few SCV's. Top and Tilt is nice but I want a third SV option.

I also do not like the hydro, three point quick hitch control, range control, and "cruise" for lack of a better way of putting it than where they mounted it. I am not used to the throttle on the dash or the SCVs being almost under the seat. My fault as I should have driven before I bought. Still the little tractor impresses me every single time I work it...FWIW & IMHO

Top&Tilt.png

Last edited:

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Gentlemen,
I should have covered this picture earlier. It is my MX6000 with Top & Tilt mounting a Cat 2 Speeco(GradeMaster requirement). I dunno how I will learn to like the tilt, however, the hydraulic top link was a winner when I first saw one on a new IH Case Magnum more than a decade ago...

I THOUGHT, I mean really thought, that I ordered 3 SCV's but evidently not. I think I am going to make that upgrade a third SCV.

Nits to pick so far:

1. Too little hydraulic flow. Granted I don't mind taking my time and doing it slowly...
2. Too few SCV's. Top and Tilt is nice but I want a third SV option.

I also do not like the hydro, three point quick hitch control, range control, and "cruise" for lack of a better way of putting it than where they mounted it. I am not used to the throttle on the dash or the SCVs being almost under the seat. My fault as I should have driven before I bought. Still the little tractor impresses me every single time I work it...FWIW & IMHO

View attachment 80698
I think you make some good points about the MX5400/MX6000 models in terms of ergonomics. I've stated a number of times that the MX tractors are kind of a modern take on an old school tractor. They're very capable compact utility tractors with mostly simple, low tech controls which helps to keep the price down.

I have close to 170 hours now on two MX models, and I become more of a fan as each hour passes. The new M6060 which is getting long in the tooth in terms of the design has far more ergonomically placed controls but I haven't found myself thinking less of the MX6000 because of that. It's just different, not worse. If the MX weren't so capable and so easy to live with I might be looking to get rid of it, but it's a great "little" tractor that feels smaller and smaller with each passing day. I don't mean that in a bad way, just that it can feel like a huge tractor if you move up from a BX or a B and that might put some off thinking that it's too much tractor.

Last edited:

Snowman7

Equipment
LX3310 535 loader, LX2980, RB2672, FDR1660
May 20, 2020
Boyne Falls, MI.
Gentlemen,
I took possession of my MX6000 last week. It was ordered on 12/30/21 to avoid the 6% increase on the tractor and 7% increase on the FEL that came into effect on January first. I worried that I had bought far too little of a tractor, however, some time behind the wheel has put that worry to rest. Just a few thoughts...

Grammer Air Ride Seat. Love this. Well worth the money...(IMHO)
View attachment 80363

View attachment 80316

Top and Tilt
130 Amp Altenator
Jensen HD, CD, Blutooth, and Sirius Satilite Radio ready.
Side Mirror Kit & FEL Rod Indicator(this should be standard equipment)
Kubota HD Round Back/Quick Attach Bucket w/ Bolt-on Cutting Edge
Rear Work Lights
WR Long Third Function Kit. I really love the "Made in China" quick hydro disconnects.

Equipment paid for waiting on delivery:
EA 60" Wicked Root Rake Grapple
QUICK ATTACH 78" "Brush Thrasher" (neat tool)
View attachment 80317

GradeMaster 84" foot Farm & Ranch GraderMaster Grader Blade.

View attachment 80320

I will say that a bit of time behind the wheel has changed my perception of these little tractors. Now another month or so and I should have something to mount behind it...;-)

Regards, Matt in Virginia

Btw, the Cat 2 Speeco Quick Hitch was bought for the GradeMaster and little else. I got it from my dealer for less than half of a new one in the plastic. The GradeMaster is Cat 2 only...
It is so relative what we all think is a “tiny tractor”. What would you call my little LX3310?, lol

Bugzilla46310

Equipment
2022 BX2680 198? AC 916H
May 22, 2022
Demotte, IN
It is so relative what we all think is a “tiny tractor”. What would you call my little LX3310?, lol
Was being qualified to work in Coal Handling for a potential strike at a company I used to work at. Funny thing is the loader I’m qualified in would fit in the bucket of the loaders actually used in Coal Handling. Happy the strike didn’t happen but it would have been interesting operating one of those huge loaders.
EBB8C642-0ED4-442B-8FF2-15DBA7043AA2.jpeg
256EA434-475D-4918-8331-FDBDA618CA8B.jpeg