it leaks

enriquesonora

Equipment
Kubota LX2610, 66" bucket, BB1266...
Jul 11, 2022
Vail
Leaky rear differential on a new bx2380. 10hours. is it overflow???
Err, same issue here with my new 56 hr. LX2610, hydraulic leak either with the RH axle case seal or pump? Everything is working, winny ass noise though. I have a work order in this following week. just gotta get "Big Dirty" delivered there. https://photos.app.goo.gl/paG5MJzoCRRRkrmCA
It is under warranty, but we will see. bummed a little, just started getting used to learning how to use this machine.

enriquesonora

Equipment
Jul 11, 2022
Vail
Leaky rear differential on a new bx2380. 10hours. is it overflow???
I received my LX2610 back yesterday and what they discovered was that the axle case bolts were not torqued to spec, thus the paste used to make the seal (red colored) did not seal properly, err, according to the repair shop at my dealer. The dealer removed both axles and scrapped off all the old gasket material and re-gasketed the axle with a extra white paste of sort and it is can be easily seen around the casing.
I have not started the tractor up and tested any operations yet. I will followup.

enriquesonora

Equipment
Jul 11, 2022
Vail
I received my LX2610 back yesterday and what they discovered was that the axle case bolts were not torqued to spec, thus the paste used to make the seal (red colored) did not seal properly, err, according to the repair shop at my dealer. The dealer removed both axles and scrapped off all the old gasket material and re-gasketed the axle with a extra white paste of sort and it is can be easily seen around the casing.
I have not started the tractor up and tested any operations yet. I will followup.
Here is a photo of the new gasket. https://photos.app.goo.gl/aSLamb75yvnjxGoX7
I operated the tractor with the box blade today and worked it hard grading my property after a recent snow fall had finally melted and the ground was still moist enough to grade before it returns to granite again. No issues and it actually runs much better. Really enjoy having the LX back!

enriquesonora

Equipment
Jul 11, 2022
Vail
Here is a photo of the new gasket. https://photos.app.goo.gl/aSLamb75yvnjxGoX7
I operated the tractor with the box blade today and worked it hard grading my property after a recent snow fall had finally melted and the ground was still moist enough to grade before it returns to granite again. No issues and it actually runs much better. Really enjoy having the LX back!
Well that solution didn't last too long. She is dripping again, but this time around perhaps the hydro-oil filter on RH side. https://photos.app.goo.gl/TYfFpxrLNox38c7J8
WTF.
I like this tractor but she is only at 95 hours and she is a jerky machine with these leaks. Any thoughts?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
It appears to be the factory filter, and is that a dent at about “7 o-clock” on the rim of the filter?

Hard to tell where it’s leaking from, but if filter was beat up, filter seal could be compromised, or stem it threads onto could be cracked.

Most Kubota tractor service intervals recommend changing filters at 50 hours.

Since it’s due for new 50 hour service anyway, I’d pull that filter and replace with new per 50 service recommendations.

Might help figure out what’s going on…

Reactions: 1 user

loggin

Equipment
MX4700
Sep 4, 2021
canada
Check out this video before you get too scared.

I often like his videos but in this case I believe the short breather tube is also a case of cost savings. Those tubes used to be longer and/or located higher so that oil would not come out so readily. If the oil level is within the level range or even at the top of the level range there is no reason that oil should be coming out of the breather.

Just sayin..

enriquesonora

Equipment
Jul 11, 2022
Vail
It appears to be the factory filter, and is that a dent at about “7 o-clock” on the rim of the filter?

Hard to tell where it’s leaking from, but if filter was beat up, filter seal could be compromised, or stem it threads onto could be cracked.

Most Kubota tractor service intervals recommend changing filters at 50 hours.

Since it’s due for new 50 hour service anyway, I’d pull that filter and replace with new per 50 service recommendations.

Might help figure out what’s going on…
I did replace the filter today, and it appears to have stop leaking, (slippery operation trying to screw-on new filter with gloves; lost about 4.5L and replaced it with a spare gallon of Kubota UDT oil. After operating it a couple of times today I do see a thin layer of oil still pooling on a screw below the new filter. Additionally, the Axle Case underbelly has oil along the axle and case again. I drove the tractor around to warm her up and try some loader work. No real issues, dip stick has enough oil, but I I am going to get some more oil to make up for lost oil and for backup for when I replace the third filter. Gonna watch over the next few days and as soon as I get another gallon of oil I will replace the remaining filter and then see what happens. I probably bring her in since this appears to be more than a dented filter or line.