It begins

Garfunkle

Equipment
Nunyet
May 24, 2021
Clackamas Co.
Howdy, been lurking and learning for a while now. And with wisdom from here decided on a L 2501. Just sent the credit app in yesterday so maybe in 2022 I will take delivery on a tractor, lol (but seriously). I have had a hard time even getting sales people from several dealerships to to send me a quote. But one has and we will see, I have heard 2 weeks to 6 months on delivery. The list is over 120 deep, oye.
Oh and I almost forgot first time owner but I have rented equipment for 25 years or so and work on and around equipment all the time. Currently mow about 2 acres with a Toro time cutter MX 5060 with several more needing a good clearing, I just got after some of it with a trac hoe and we built a pad for a RV next to my pole barn.
Anyhow thanks for the shared knowledge and I will continue to use yoos all as a great resource for whenever I get my tractor and then sometime in the next decade I can find a grapple and box blade.

Reactions: 2 users

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
Have you been into a dealership yet? I do advise you sit on the machine if you can before you decide on a purchase, even demo it on the lot if you can.

Garfunkle

Equipment
Nunyet
May 24, 2021
Clackamas Co.
Have you been into a dealership yet? I do advise you sit on the machine if you can before you decide on a purchase, even demo it on the lot if you can.
Have not been able to find one one on a lot, but my neighbor had a L 3301 and am sure it would be similar.
What is your concern?

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
No concerns just want to be sure you like the way it feels and handles. That is important. If you have seen/used a L3301 yes they will be almost the same.

Reactions: 1 users

Garfunkle

Equipment
Nunyet
May 24, 2021
Clackamas Co.
No concerns just want to be sure you like the way it feels and handles. That is important. If you have seen/used a L3301 yes they will be almost the same.
Well I had to go by the dealership and they had a couple 2501s on for delivery to other people and I did get to drive it around the lot a bit. I am happy with it. I may upgrade the seat at some point but other than that love it. He said maybe two weeks so we shall see.

Reactions: 1 user

Rdrcr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 w/ S2T Turbo Kit = 35 PTO HP (Current), B2601 (Sold)
May 7, 2021
WA
The L2501 is a fantastic tractor, great choice. It’ll serve you well.

Mike

Reactions: 1 user