Issues with my Zero Turn Z121SKH-48

Axisbuck24

Equipment
Kubota Zero Turn Z121SKH-48
Jul 30, 2020
Houston
This is the third time I my zero turn had to go to the shop. The battery and starter needed replacement. The steering has been an issue. Now the mower is in the shop because the PTO clutch, relay switch and hour meter needs to be replaced. It’s my understanding there is no estimate time when the clutch will be available due to COVID at one of the parts plant.
I am extremely disappointed in the reliability of the unit. I purchased orange based on reputation; however, at this point I am thinking I should have gone cheap. The mower only has 50 hrs and is well taken care. Dissatisfied customer and Orange owner.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Sorry about your pain. I steer clear of residential quality anything. Even the big commercial units have their growing pains. I try to get models that have been in the market several years and I take a good look at the reliability ratings and issues before I pull the trigger.

Assume you won the lottery and got a unit with all the trouble. Hopefully the dealer is working with you. Remember that covid is affecting everyone and all businesses are seeing supply chain issues and it’s probably a sign of unusual times instead of business as usual. A few weeks ago, the government imposed lockdowns here meant it took me a week to get a can of paint or a roll of tape from Home Depot because we weren’t allowed in store and had to order everything online and wait for someone to pick the order. I couldn’t even buy tinted paint to finish a job.

If it’s a brand new machine and the dealer can’t give you an ETA for parts tell him you want him to take back your lemon and give you a new one, or, at least give you a loaner model to keep you mowing.

Axisbuck24

Equipment
Kubota Zero Turn Z121SKH-48
Jul 30, 2020
Houston
Thanks for your response. The mower is brand new a little over a year old. I did ask the dealer about giving me a different mower since I have had these issues. I was told it is not that easy. Secondly, I asked for a loaner so that my yard would not look like a jungle or cost me $150 every mow (2 acres) but I was told they have no loaners. It’s just frustrating because my neighbor got his new mower delivered on same day but he hasn’t had any issues with his mower. I clearly am understanding towards the dealership since they are unable to get the parts at this time. However, I might be stuck paying for mowing and paying for a mower that has no estimate time.