Is this quote for a new BX2380 reasonable?

msim

Jul 13, 2020
Rochester, NY
First time tractor buyer here. I’m closing on a 7 acre property in the Finger Lakes region of New York next month and need a versatile machine for mowing a few acres, clearing brush, maintaining a 100’ gravel drive, and misc landscaping work. The lot is level. I got the following quote for a new BX2380 from Messick’s and would like some feedback on whether this is a reasonable price.

$14,200 BX2380RV60 with 60” mower deck
$3,200 LA344S front loader
$700 BX2412 third function valve installed
$1,495 Land Pride SGC0554 54" grapple
$120 Kubota document fee
$168 Pennsylvania UCC loan filing fee
------------------------------------------------
$19,883 net

-$700 Orange plus implement discount
-$800 Customer instant rebate
$18,383 total

Delivery to NYS is included and no sales tax. The net is 4.4% below MSRP before the discounts are applied, and I have no idea whether that is fair and reasonable. And is it standard operating procedure to for the customer to pay the document fee and loan filing fee? I’m thinking of a 48 month loan so the Kubota insurance would be $24.57/mo. If I pay all cash I can get an additional $500 discount. Thanks for your feedback!

MFFI422

Equipment
BX2380 -Drive Over Mower Deck- LP Tiller - FEL - LP Box Blade - LP QH - Canopy
Jun 10, 2020
Arkansas
First time tractor buyer here. I’m closing on a 7 acre property in the Finger Lakes region of New York next month and need a versatile machine for mowing a few acres, clearing brush, maintaining a 100’ gravel drive, and misc landscaping work. The lot is level. I got the following quote for a new BX2380 from Messick’s and would like some feedback on whether this is a reasonable price.

$14,200 BX2380RV60 with 60” mower deck
$3,200 LA344S front loader
$700 BX2412 third function valve installed
$1,495 Land Pride SGC0554 54" grapple
$120 Kubota document fee
$168 Pennsylvania UCC loan filing fee
$19,883 net

-$700 Orange plus implement discount
-$800 Customer instant rebate
$18,383 total

Delivery to NYS is included and no sales tax. The net is 4.4% below MSRP before the discounts are applied, and I have no idea whether that is fair and reasonable. And is it standard operating procedure to for the customer to pay the document fee and loan filing fee? I’m thinking of a 48 month loan so the Kubota insurance would be $24.57/mo. If I pay all cash I can get an additional $500 discount. Thanks for your feedback!
Just about what I paid for mine. My FEL was a bit cheaper is all.

My understanding is that the insurance is good while financed. Not sure how that applies if you pay cash.

Dino

lmpres

Equipment
lx2610
Jul 3, 2020
New Hampshire
After watching about 25 of his video's, I wish he was closer to me. I would have bought from him in a second. Seems like a very good dealer.....

Traderdell

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, BX2370 (sold)
Apr 29, 2016
Clifton Springs,NY
Don’t know if that’s a good price or not but I also live upstate in the Finger Lakes. Just curious if you’ve checked prices locally as we are very fortunate to have two very good dealers that are close to us so I think they may be close to you as well. I didn’t check Messick’s two years ago when I purchased our B2650 and several attachments but if I was going to go outside of my local area Messick’s would be at the top of my list. Best of luck wherever you end up buying I can’t imagine a better tractor brand!

Gregg

msim

Jul 13, 2020
Rochester, NY
I checked a dealer in Palmyra (Blazey) and also Empire Tractor. Their prices weren't terrible, but not enough savings to account for saving the sales tax. Are those the dealers you're referring to Gregg or are there others I should be looking at? A trusted local dealer would be a good thing!

Mark

Traderdell

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, BX2370 (sold)
Apr 29, 2016
Clifton Springs,NY
Saxby‘s in Mendon and Blazey’s are the two I was referring to. I know Saxby’s by reputation and have purchased multiple units from Blazey’s. I‘m waiting on a RTV X1100c from them now. Hopefully in the next week or so if the whole country doesn’t shut down.

We’re in Hopewell, just east of Canandaigua. We’ve been here 20 years and it’s been an adventure and a joy to turn this into our little piece of heaven from the farm land it was when purchased. You’ll be amazed at what these little tractors can do.

Gregg

Last edited:

Ruxin

Equipment
B2301
Jun 22, 2020
Virginia
I'm going down this road too, not being in PA. My offer from them was only 3% lower than MSRP but not paying VA sales tax will likely make me go with them. Also they're willing to do all this via email when my local dealers won't - its appreciated as its easier to trade emails during the work day versus having to do extra phone calls.

From what I can tell there aren't a ton of "great" deals on these as they're in high demand and dealers don't have trouble moving them. I'm a noobie when it comes to this though so I could be wrong.

Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
dunno about the prices but....
I'd think ANYTHING financed would HAVE to have insurance.... i see that on Judge Judy with respect to cars...

Reactions: 1 user

lmpres

Equipment
lx2610
Jul 3, 2020
New Hampshire
Just took delivery of my new tractor Friday. Salesman told me that they only have what's on the lot until probably the begining of next year. They were all told that on Thursday. So you probably won't see any great deals. And yes, you have to insure the tractor if you finance it.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Glad you got your new 'ride' !!
One thing to check...if it won't start... the connector on the starter relay. It'll vibrate off,at least mine did and I assume same engine ? If so, I rerouted the wire a bit ,then used a tierap to secure it. That was 340 hrs ago( 2 years).