Is OTT a close minded forum?

B7100hst-d

Oct 31, 2010
NLR AR
I posted earlier in a thread about what was acceptable to talk about in Off Topic forum and the thread got deleted.

It was a civil question, answered at the time with two other folks opinions/views (myself being one of the two) and I'm wondering why it got deleted.

L4740

Nov 23, 2009
3rd Rock From The Sun
I posted earlier in a thread about what was acceptable to talk about in Off Topic forum and the thread got deleted.

It was a civil question, answered at the time with two other folks opinions/views (myself being one of the two) and I'm wondering why it got deleted.
Speaking as a general user on this forum, and speaking for the general population on this forum. Since we do not know the content of your posting, we cannot answer your question as to why your thread was deleted. If you are sure it did not violate any posting rules, then what I would do is use the "contact us" feature at the bottom of the forum screen, and send a note to the site administrator. I have used this feature in the past and they have always answered me with a private message.

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
www.orangetractortalks.com
I can provide some insight here. The thread starter in that case was actually a spammer or a bot. We have been fighting spam, spammers and bots pretty much since the site opened and much of it originates from overseas. Once we find a spammer/bot we delete all the threads they have started.

Certain site privileges are not available until a certain post count is met. The spammers know this so they will post seemingly generic posts to artificially inflate their post count so that they will have access to other site features (PMing other users, posting links, pictures, etc).

Some examples of their generic threads are "what do you think of this forum?" or "what did everyone do on the weekend?" - these are essentially questions that could work on any forum, orange tractors or not. Once they reach 5 - 10 posts they start spamming, PMing and otherwise being a nuisance.

OTT is not a closed minded forum just one that fights spam on a regular basis. :D By and large our only rule here is to be respectful of your fellow man.

Hope this helps out a bit.

B7100hst-d

Oct 31, 2010
NLR AR
Thank you for your reply.

As a new member, even with ghosting the forum for a few weeks, it's difficult to discern the "feel" of how strict it is and the mentioned thread (excellent trick/spam btw) brought up the fact.

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
This is a great Forum. It always sounds like a big family. You even get answers from the "parents"! :p

Hope the fight against the spam will allways be a success!

*<:)

carl

aquaforce

Equipment
L245DT FEL, JD450 Track loader, 5' scrape blade&mower, 5x10 trailer, Dump truck
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
I recall seeing some very weird spams before ................ and then they went POOF

LOL ROFL

Sorry dogs from China and other places over the pond would just start junk and try to route someone to their web sites. :mad::mad: :mad:

OTT does a fabulous job cleaning up around here so the place is not mucked up.

Great job and great forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D