Is BB1266 scraper a good tool for grading?

ArtinAz

Equipment
L3901
Oct 24, 2019
Snowflake
Need help! Is BB1266 scraper a good tool for grading?

I ordered an L3901 including some implements - 4in1 bucket, 60" brush hog, bb1266 scraper & rear blade. The sales rep, basically, sold these for $.01 in negotiating a cash price.

I have a driveway that's 750' long covered with dirty screen which has been pushed to the side over the last 4 months from use & needs to be regraded. Would the BB1266 scraper be a good tool for this purpose? I also need to regrade my dirt road (approx 1/4 miles long) leading to my entrance, would this work just as well? I was going to use the rear blade to contour the road for drainage.

Also, I don't have my shed for tractor yet. Do you all have your tractor under cover or not? I was thinking of covering mine with a tarp when it arrives to shelter it from the elements.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Yes, you have the tools/attachments to do the job.

I'd first start with the rear blade to pull the material off the side and pitch it back into the driveway. Follow that up with the box blade to level/crown it. There are many good videos on youtube that can help you if you aren't familiar with how a box blade can be used.

Congrats on your new machine.

ps. mine stays in a garage. They are a rather large investment, so I like to keep it looking and running good. A cover definitely helps if you have the space.

ArtinAz

Equipment
L3901
Oct 24, 2019
Snowflake
Yes, you have the tools/attachments to do the job.

I'd first start with the rear blade to pull the material off the side and pitch it back into the driveway. Follow that up with the box blade to level/crown it. There are many good videos on youtube that can help you if you aren't familiar with how a box blade can be used.

Congrats on your new machine.

ps. mine stays in a garage. They are a rather large investment, so I like to keep it looking and running good. A cover definitely helps if you have the space.
Thanks. Well, it's on order & was told the equipment is in but still waiting for parts & they need to assemble. About 2 weeks out.

I'm going to have a shed built for this, you think a 20x30 will work? I'm also going to have my A-Frame camper in there, space providing.

I'm new to this so I'll need to review some vids.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
if you're adding a concrete floor, make up a backhoe dolly. I use a 1000lb furniture dolly under the BH main frame, and a wheel dolly to handle the BH bucket and dipper. That way, I can wheel it around the garage when the BH is not in use.

there is some info on youtube how to make up a backhoe dolly for the BH77 as well.

ArtinAz

Equipment
L3901
Oct 24, 2019
Snowflake
if you're adding a concrete floor, make up a backhoe dolly. I use a 1000lb furniture dolly under the BH main frame, and a wheel dolly to handle the BH bucket and dipper. That way, I can wheel it around the garage when the BH is not in use.

there is some info on youtube how to make up a backhoe dolly for the BH77 as well.
At the moment, I won't be doing ccrt slab. I plan on just having a dirt / gravel floor at this point - I need to get pricing. When I had my garage built, I was charged $20k for my 30x40 slab so it gets pricey.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
My boxblade is my favorite.

With some experimenting adjusting the top link length (short=digging, long=smoothing), it will do great for your needs.

ArtinAz

Equipment
L3901
Oct 24, 2019
Snowflake
My boxblade is my favorite.

With some experimenting adjusting the top link length (short=digging, long=smoothing), it will do great for your needs.
Top link length meaning the tines?
Thanks, I'll need to experiment. For the most part, I think I need to smooth everything out a bit. When the guy I hired graded for my home & garage, he left everything in clumps so it's an eyesore.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
No. The top link as in the top link of your 3 point hitch.
It’s adjustable for length by threading the ends in/out through the center barrel. Does both ends by turning the center barrel.
When short, the top link makes the front blade of your BB aggressive to dig in, when very long, your front blade won’t even engage when going forward, but will do a great job smoothing things out by the back blade.
You will love it, and it does take a little experimentation!!
Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ArtinAz

Equipment
L3901
Oct 24, 2019
Snowflake
No. The top link as in the top link of your 3 point hitch.
It’s adjustable for length by threading the ends in/out through the center barrel. Does both ends by turning the center barrel.
When short, the top link makes the front blade of your BB aggressive to dig in, when very long, your front blade won’t even engage when going forward, but will do a great job smoothing things out by the back blade.
You will love it, and it does take a little experimentation!!
Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for your input. I'm having a top & tilt with the deluxe hitch installed, mainly for the rear blade. This should work for the BB as well, right?

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Thanks for your input. I'm having a top & tilt with the deluxe hitch installed, mainly for the rear blade. This should work for the BB as well, right?
Absolutely! You had said you had T&T included, and I had forgotten.

Disregard my comments about top link, as your T&T will do wonders! :)

ArtinAz

Equipment
L3901
Oct 24, 2019
Snowflake
Absolutely! You had said you had T&T included, and I had forgotten.

Disregard my comments about top link, as your T&T will do wonders! :)
Thanks & no worries :)
Do you have a gravel or ccrt floor for your shed? I need to build one once the tractor comes in - need to get lt graded & prepped. Seems like a gravel floor is more economical,

JeffL

Equipment
B7200E, B4200DT
Jan 8, 2016
North Central Ar.
Advantages and disadvantages to either. I prefer to work on my tools/toys in the same place I store them. So I prefer concrete and a insulated building. If you contract all of the construction out it can get expensive.
Gravel or crushed stone floor absorbs snow melt and drainage from vehicles better. Moisture comes up from the ground so the building needs year around ventilation. This type of storage is considerably cheaper to build and can be up graded as time and money permits.
Most important is to get the tractor out of the weather the best you can.