Irritating trait of this forum...

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
No such problem here with my Apple computer. In general the "connected" life I have found is much, much easier when using Apple products.
Till your kid signs you out of your apple account to check something on their account. And it takes you two days to get signed back into your account

Daughter has done that to my wife on numerous occasions and locked my wife out of her phone. I absolutely refuse to get my wife another IPhone for that reason. My wifes too nice when it comes to the kids.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
what browser are you using? I use Chrome with ad block plus installed as a plug in. No ads ever!
I won't ever use chrome because of the built in tracking analytics. I only use DDG. No tracking. I don't like any browser generating algorithms to monitor my browsing habits. There is already enough encroachment into my personal life from the cyber world. Why I don't have 'apple' anything as well.

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
Till your kid signs you out of your apple account to check something on their account. And it takes you two days to get signed back into your account

Daughter has done that to my wife on numerous occasions and locked my wife out of her phone. I absolutely refuse to get my wife another IPhone for that reason. My wifes too nice when it comes to the kids.
There are five of us here all using Apple devices (4 phones, 2 iPads, 2 laptops, and 1 Desktop model) All billed to the single Verizon account that also supplies the 1 landline and the "smart television". No real problems other than paying for it. Maybe you need a 10 year old to set it up properly like here!

ExT-six

Premium Member

Equipment
Kubota L3901, LA525 loader, Land Pride RCF2760 mower, Land Pride RTA1266 tiller.
Sep 24, 2020
Fort Payne Alabama
Usually, when I have time to grab a quick look at the forum, I'm in a hurry.
When I attempt to click on a forum title, the screen jumps, because of an ad that is loading, so I end up clicking on something else. After incorrectly clicking on something I did not want, I attempt to click out of that, and get to want I wanted in the first place- but the screen jumps again, and you guessed it, I click on the wrong thing because of the screen jumping to load the ads.
This "screen jump" happens 3 times with every window I open, because there are 3 ads on every page; top, bottom, and right side.
When I bought my lifetime membership, I thought I was supposed to get less ads. Does that mean non-lifetime members get more than 3 ads per page? o_O How many do they get?

Yes, I know I could just wait for all the ads to load on every page before doing anything, but this is the only forum I'm on that does this.

Yeah, I know to some this sounds like sniveling, but one of my few "escapes" these days is checking the forum, so this supremely irritating.
Give Brave browser a try. It really works well blocking adds.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Give Brave browser a try. It really works well blocking adds.
The Dissenter browser is based loosely on the Brave browser, which is based on the Chromium browser.

Reactions: 1 user

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
Glad I'm not the only one who sees this!
Same thing happens to me constantly. I find it almost more annoying when I am reading and the screen jumps up or down and I have to scroll back to where I was.