Installed Bolt On Hooks - Kubota changed bucket design?

neogardener

Equipment
B2601, QH15, RGR1258, BB1260, Ferris IS600Z
Jun 8, 2018
Ohio
I wanted to share this with everyone. I have watched various videos online about installing Bolt On Hooks, and in the videos people have needed to install a spacer because of the way Kubota had there SSQA buckets designed for the B2601.

I purchased my machine last fall & it is the 60” light material bucket. As you can see in the pics, the standard Hook/Clevis combo kit worked just fine for me, without the spacer. Im not sure if all newer models are this style, but older model B2601s seem to have used a different bucket design requiring spacers. Just thought I would share with others incase you plan to order hooks soon that you order the correct stuff 👍🏻.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 users

rAzkid

Equipment
BX2200D, LX3310, FEL, MMM, PF, rear mount snowblower
Nov 6, 2020
MA
Thanks for the photos. I'll have to look into those hooks now!

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 w/ 60" MMM, LP 72" Snow Plow, EA Wicked 55" Grapple, and Woods 60" BB
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
I wanted to share this with everyone. I have watched various videos online about installing Bolt On Hooks, and in the videos people have needed to install a spacer because of the way Kubota had there SSQA buckets designed for the B2601.

I purchased my machine last fall & it is the 60” light material bucket. As you can see in the pics, the standard Hook/Clevis combo kit worked just fine for me, without the spacer. Im not sure if all newer models are this style, but older model B2601s seem to have used a different bucket design requiring spacers. Just thought I would share with others incase you plan to order hooks soon that you order the correct stuff 👍🏻.
What is the model number on your bucket?

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL

Same bucket is used on the LX2610SU. I used the same hooks and put the grab hooks in almost the same place. I put the D-ring/Clevis adapters in the bottom of the bucket, right below the grab hooks. I figured if I'm lifting something heavy enough that I have to use a clevis, I want it as close as possible to the bottom pin of the bucket so that I don't put any stresses on the bucket cylinder the wrong way. There won't be any way to put the cylinders in a compression force.

Reactions: 1 user

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 w/ 60" MMM, LP 72" Snow Plow, EA Wicked 55" Grapple, and Woods 60" BB
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
Same bucket is used on the LX2610SU. I used the same hooks and put the grab hooks in almost the same place. I put the D-ring/Clevis adapters in the bottom of the bucket, right below the grab hooks. I figured if I'm lifting something heavy enough that I have to use a clevis, I want it as close as possible to the bottom pin of the bucket so that I don't put any stresses on the bucket cylinder the wrong way. There won't be any way to put the cylinders in a compression force.
Yeah I got the older square back bucket with my LX2610. Didn't realize there was a difference until after it was delivered. Don't think there are any other downsides other than it not being able to accept the combo hooks.

SRRGC1

Equipment
BX1870-1, BX23S TLB, RTV XG850, MX5100DT
Jan 6, 2021
Bloomsburg
This reply is not directly associated with the type of bucket hooks installed, just placement. When I see hooks installed on the ends of the buckets I get an idea that only one hook may get used to lift something heavy. Depending on the FEL lift capacity, doing this could twist your loader arms beyond repair. In my world, I only placed one hook in the center of the bucket to avoid this as tractor is used by different individuals that are NOT well educated in FEL operations. If both end hooks are used, no problem. Again my world.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
This reply is not directly associated with the type of bucket hooks installed, just placement. When I see hooks installed on the ends of the buckets I get an idea that only one hook may get used to lift something heavy. Depending on the FEL lift capacity, doing this could twist your loader arms beyond repair. In my world, I only placed one hook in the center of the bucket to avoid this as tractor is used by different individuals that are NOT well educated in FEL operations. If both end hooks are used, no problem. Again my world.
No, I'm smarter than that. I have no intention of lifting anything that will bend the FEL via chain hooks held on with two 10mm bolts. My primary purpose for those hooks is to keep whatever I stick the bucket under from rolling off the bucket. The metal in that bucket isn't nearly thick enough to withstand that kind of force, and even if it was, the hooks are probably going to peel off anyway. If I'm lifting with the chain, I typically use both hooks for stability that keeps the load from swinging side to side. I can deal with front to back swinging, but side to side with the FEL up is a bad bad thing. I also put them as close as possible to the points where the SSQA shoes attach to the boom. And for the heaviest lifting I plan to do, that's why I put the clevis rings in the bottom of the bucket, even closer to the boom, and two of for the same reason I put two grab hooks on the top. I do NOT want side to side swinging of a lifted load. Takes a bit longer chain for that, but I'll take a longer heavier chain any day over a tractor laying on it's side.

Raymo853

Equipment
LX2610SU
Jun 26, 2019
Dorset, VA
Yeah I got the older square back bucket with my LX2610. Didn't realize there was a difference until after it was delivered. Don't think there are any other downsides other than it not being able to accept the combo hooks.
Based on what is shown on Ken's pages, my LX2610SU also came with an older bucket, model #b2356. I am about to order a pair of the square back style Ken's instead of the newer combo units.

I also just order a piranha bar. Was moments from getting the EA, even measured it up (plate 3/8, inside 58 1/16, outside 59 9/16) but decided the pirahha was the better choice for me.

Reactions: 1 users