In searc of a manual

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Some of you guys are skilled in the art of searching out repair manuals. I just scored a cushman groommaster landscape rake. Was a sweet deal and i couldnt pass it up.
Got it running, but wouldnt mind learning about the hydraulics- setting pressure and type of oil to use.

Dont want to change oil and find out i poured in the wrong stuff.
Its an overgrown three wheeler with all wheel drive,hydraulic activated rake and small dozer blade.
Pulls like a beast, dragged out a colorado that kinda sunk in my soft back yard.

Any help would be great.
Thanks.

Diydave

Equipment
L2202 tractor, L185f tractor
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
Sometimes you can go to a mfr for a replacement manual, but cushman has been bought and sold, so many times, I can't remember who owned it when.

If I were looking, I would go to a golf course equipment dealer, and just ask if they have any of the old manuals that you could copy. Sometimes they surprise you and act almost human, if you show up in person...:D:D

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 13, 2014
The john deere dealer sold them in the 80's. City of winnipeg ran them for boulevard rehab and a couple golf courses used them. I got this from a landscaper, said it wasnt worth the time or money to fix it. I had it running and drove it off trailer within an hour. Spent another two hours cleaning fuel tank and carb. All it really needed was a fuel pump and battery.i may just bite the bullet and buy on off ebay.

bh115577

Equipment
2004 BX 2200, FEL, 60" MMM
Mar 5, 2015
Central NY
Got the model and serial numbers? This stuff is often free if you ask. I repair this kind of equipment and know a lot of people that might have the info.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 13, 2014
BH, you have saved me some grief i think. I was on jacobsen site but didnt think to have model number handy.poked around and found the manual. My biggest question was answered, 10W30 for hydraulic system. For that alone i am grateful.
Nothing beats a manual for a few important tidbits like location of valve for rolling machine around and wiring and hydraulic diagrams.

So i will get this thing into decent operating condition, then move on to getting my cushman lobsters running. Well, at least one. They are quite rare, and i happen to have two.

Thanks to all of you for your help. Here, with this and in the past.

I guess cushman gave up after they couldnt think of anything else to build with "ster" in the name.

bh115577

Equipment
2004 BX 2200, FEL, 60" MMM
Mar 5, 2015
Central NY
When Jacobsen/Textron bought them out many of their products were blended into the Jac line.

Got a pic of the lobsters?

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 13, 2014
When Jacobsen/Textron bought them out many of their products were blended into the Jac line.

Got a pic of the lobsters?
Not mine, i still need to wipe the ugly off
image.jpg

The two wheels under the box are steer wheels, single drive on rear. Its odd, thats why i like this stuff.
Picking best parts to restore one, other gets cut up for a lawn tractor mod.

Last edited: