Importance of owners manual

Twobit

Equipment
L275-DT with loader & a 1940 Farmall H
Aug 7, 2020
SW Texas
I’m new to Kubota so to prepare for my taking ownership next week of a well used L275DT with a BF400 loader I obtained the owner manual to the tractor and the loader. Without the loader manual I would have never figured out how to remove and reinstall the loader. The previous owner never knew how to remove the loader. .....
Also a big thank you to this forum for all the info on it. This is not my first tractor, but is my first Kubota. My 1940 Farmall H is still my favorite.

I noticed the specs for the Kubota FEL rates the bucket at a quarter of a yard capacity. I operate a 32,000 pound John Deere 524K high lift loader at work that has a four yard bucket. I hope I can handle the kubota.🙂

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
Welcome to the forum Twobit. 👍

The operators manual is important for maintaining the tractor. With your experience you should not have any trouble at all.

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
I noticed the specs for the Kubota FEL rates the bucket at a quarter of a yard capacity. I operate a 32,000 pound John Deere 524K high lift loader at work that has a four yard bucket. I hope I can handle the kubota.🙂
Take smaller bites. ;)

In all seriousness, it is probably easier to get into trouble and flip the Kubota over with it's little bucket than it is with your big machine at work. Especially if you don't hang some ballast off the back. But you probably figured that out already.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The owner manual is good, but the WSM (aka service manual) is better, go to Kubotabooks.com and download it!

vannut

Equipment
Kubota L2550 and BF400G
Jan 29, 2021
York
I’m new to Kubota so to prepare for my taking ownership next week of a well used L275DT with a BF400 loader I obtained the owner manual to the tractor and the loader. Without the loader manual I would have never figured out how to remove and reinstall the loader. The previous owner never knew how to remove the loader. .....
Also a big thank you to this forum for all the info on it. This is not my first tractor, but is my first Kubota. My 1940 Farmall H is still my favorite.

Hi!

I'm new to Kubota too, having 'inherited' the use of an L2550DT with a BF400G Loader. I've been searching for a manual for the loader but cannot find one anywhere. Could you tell me where you got yours?

Many thanks. Al

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
the wsm's give valid information but they're hard to follow. They were written originally by the Japanese, then translated from their native language to English, and it shows. Jinglish. That's one thing that always upset me with Kubota and there is no sign of them changing anything anytime soon.

u don't realize it until u read an American equipment's service manual such as Deere, or Polaris, or whatever. Much easier for us Americans to follow, in my opinion

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
u don't realize it until u read an American equipment's service manual such as Deere, or Polaris, or whatever. Much easier for us Americans to follow, in my opinion
Try using an English motorcycle shop manual sometime, 10 times worse than any WSM.... I like some of the terms like 'grub screw' and 'whilst' and fixing bolt to name just a few....