Implement freight fees

SteveC

Equipment
B2650HSD
Mar 24, 2019
Williamston,MI
I am buying a new MX6000 with several implements. Got word the tractor is ready so I asked for an invoice and below are the Assembly and freight fees I am begin changed $2,845 for. To me this is beyond excessive so I brought this to the dealerships attention and am being told these are pass through cost as if they paid the exact amount they are charging me. Does this seem accurate? I have read in may places this is how dealership of any kind pad their profit.

No code has to be inserted here.

Porcupine

Equipment
L2501
Jun 15, 2021
NC
I don’t have a direct answer to your question, but I can tell you that freight costs of all modes are currently through the roof.

FEDEX freight just “fired” 1400 customers on a Friday afternoon-effective Monday.

Just about all carriers are operating at or above system capacity making everything messy, expensive, and less reliable.

Where did the freight originate and deliver?

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

SteveC

Equipment
B2650HSD
Mar 24, 2019
Williamston,MI
I've got to think when a dealership orders land pride implements, they order them in some level of volume, not one at a time delivered one at a time. This is a large volume dealership with 3 stores. I am also sure they do not come fedEx but rather a freight carrier.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Have you read the invoice on your latest car purchase? It included aline for freight, etc.
Unless you are buying right-off-the-dealer-lot… I’d expect to see freight.

I bought two new implements from my local Kubota dealer…. no freight because they were already ”inventory”.

Reactions: 1 users

Jester67

Jun 6, 2020
USA
I don't see an attachment/image but you stated "several" attachments and " Assembly and freight fees ". Lots of variables here. Tractor+FEL+cutter shipping starts to add up and then they need to put them together.

Porcupine

Equipment
L2501
Jun 15, 2021
NC
I've got to think when a dealership orders land pride implements, they order them in some level of volume, not one at a time delivered one at a time. This is a large volume dealership with 3 stores. I am also sure they do not come fedEx but rather a freight carrier.
Agreed.

That’s why i called out FEDEX Freight, not parcel.

FEDEX Freight is a common carrier (LTL Freight).

Right now Truck Load (TL) cots are more sideways then Less than Load (LTL).

I’m not necessarily defending the dealer, but be aware EVERYONES freight costs are way above normal.

SteveC

Equipment
B2650HSD
Mar 24, 2019
Williamston,MI
Sorry attached an excel doc that did not make it. Here is details

Assembly Shipping
DH2572 Disc Harrow $400 $400
DRRG06 Harrow Drag $85
RCF2772 Bush mower $300
LA1605A w/ bucket $255 $195
R4 Tires $200
DH2572 Disc harrow $400
MX6000 $250 $360
Total $905 $1,940

Grand total $2,845

Motion

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota MX5100HST/FEL
Aug 17, 2020
Mandeville Louisiana
Seems like the dealership would have been more up front with additional costs, at the time the order was placed. This makes for the beginning of a bad dealer/customer relationship. Good luck

Reactions: 2 users

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I guess I’d go to a site like Messicks or call a dealer and get the out the door price to compare on the implements. Maybe they are discounted and the out the door price is similar to other dealers regular price. My dealers (the two I’ve bought from) don’t charge freight for implements they have in stock.

They do charge freight in most cases for special ordered items that are rushed. However, if it comes on their normal scheduled truck, there is no freight charge even if they don’t have it in stock.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Maybe the detail list you asked for and received is included in the price you received when you ordered the package, and this just breaks it out. Take a look at you final price and see.

ranger danger

Equipment
Kubota M6060, MEB 802A tactically quiet generator
Jun 11, 2017
East of Placerville Ca
Went to a Kubota dealer and ordered a pto shaft seal. I was told it was $3 so I ordered 2 extras just in case I messed them up installing them. When I went to pick them up a week later, the bill was $38! They said I had to pay the shipping so I refused the part and ordered it online from a supplier. I knew a mechanic for the dealership and complained to him about the excessive cost for shipping. He told me that my seals along with about 20 other small parts orders were all shipped in the same box and everyone with an order in that box paid the entire shipping fee for the box. He said its common with dealers and that they make FAR more money on the shipping than they do on the parts.

• Angry

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
Seems like the dealership would have been more up front with additional costs, at the time the order was placed. This makes for the beginning of a bad dealer/customer relationship. Good luck
That would seem to me the bigger problem here, too. I have no problem with dealers recouping their costs (although as mentioned above they're not all doing quite that) - but just tell the customer up front what to expect.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I've never been charged freight from any Kubota dealer I've bought from for items shipped with their regular order. That included a 3rd function kit which was in a box about 18" square and 6' long. Also glass door for an L9540 (twice).

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Went to a Kubota dealer and ordered a pto shaft seal. I was told it was $3 so I ordered 2 extras just in case I messed them up installing them. When I went to pick them up a week later, the bill was $38! They said I had to pay the shipping so I refused the part and ordered it online from a supplier. I knew a mechanic for the dealership and complained to him about the excessive cost for shipping. He told me that my seals along with about 20 other small parts orders were all shipped in the same box and everyone with an order in that box paid the entire shipping fee for the box. He said its common with dealers and that they make FAR more money on the shipping than they do on the parts.
Most parts departments will put customer orders on individual parts orders unless directed otherwise. In such cases parts are shipped in individual orders and customers are responsible for shipping costs.

If in no hurry, specify a stock order where no shipping is charged. My dealer places stock orders at least once each week (oftentimes twice) so stock order parts (not back ordered) will arrive within 3-5 days.

My dealer knows to never place any non stock orders for me but occasionally I need to break in a new parts counter person.

SDT

Reactions: 1 users

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Most parts departments will put customer orders on individual parts orders unless directed otherwise. In such cases parts are shipped in individual orders and customers are responsible for shipping costs.

If in no hurry, specify a stock order where no shipping is charged. My dealer places stock orders at least once each week (oftentimes twice) so stock order parts (not back ordered) will arrive within 3-5 days.

My dealer knows to never place any non stock orders for me but occasionally I need to break in a new parts counter person.

Be advised that whole goods items is a different scenario where shipping is always charged, though often hidden from the customer.

SDT

ranger danger

Equipment
Kubota M6060, MEB 802A tactically quiet generator
Jun 11, 2017
East of Placerville Ca

SDT
Please have your dealer contact my local dealer. My dealer needs an education in customer relations!!