I broke one of my rules

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Well, in years past I have had a standing rule, NO Christmas music, no Christmas tree, no Christmas lights until after Thanksgiving.

I'm so tired of all the negativity that seems to come from all directions, I broke my rule this year. Christmas tree came up over the weekend, Christmas music on in the car, and working on tuning out some of the negativity to try to enjoy life. It is to short and Christmas brings a smile to my face. Maybe, that smile might help someone else get out of the funk.

Weather cooperates, Christmas lights will be going up this weekend.

Reactions: 6 users

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
In my town one of the radio stations cranks up the Christmas jams on November 1st and stops promptly at the close of Christmas day. I would prefer starting the Christmas spirit the day after Thanksgiving and continue the mood through January 1.

Reactions: 1 users

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 100 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
Who else thought this was going to be loaning out tools????

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
I notice at the HD in town, they are setting up the parking lot Christmas trees already. There’s a semi load of fresh cut to unload there already.
I think everyone is looking forward to something festive.

Reactions: 1 user

1badDart

Sep 7, 2021
W. KY.
I got our Christmas tree down Thursday night for the wife, she finished decorating it yesterday afternoon.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
We put up our artificial Christmas tree two years ago and never took it down. Makes the holidays much easier.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
We put up our artificial Christmas tree two years ago and never took it down. Makes the holidays much easier.
that's cheating! ;)

• Haha

Ikc1990

Equipment
Kubota m125x, m9000, b2710, and other equiptment
Dec 2, 2020
Vermont
I'm with skeets and yup Christmas is not Christmas anymore with the people think they gotta spend a ton of money. To me it's just another day. And stores that open thanksgiving day to sell Christmas stuff earlyer should be ashamed. And shut down. I better stop there... I'll get in trouble...

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
I notice at the HD in town, they are setting up the parking lot Christmas trees already. There’s a semi load of fresh cut to unload there already.
I think everyone is looking forward to something festive.
Those will be awfully dry by Christmas 🔥

Steppenwolfe

Equipment
Kubota L3301, MX5100, RTV 1140, ZD331, KX-71, MX5400
Dec 22, 2020
Blue Ridge Mountains
We are going to do Christmas early this year as well. Tree will go up this weekend. It's just me and wifey; we enjoy our Holidays alone. We play a lot of the Christmas choral music off of Amazon music... Great stuff to put one in the mood.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
We are going to do Christmas early this year as well. Tree will go up this weekend. It's just me and wifey; we enjoy our Holidays alone. We play a lot of the Christmas choral music off of Amazon music... Great stuff to put one in the mood.
Drove into our little nearby town today, 3 or 4 houses all decorated. I enjoy looking at other people's lights.

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
Well, in years past I have had a standing rule, NO Christmas music, no Christmas tree, no Christmas lights until after Thanksgiving.
Funny you posted this. I was a Wallyworld the other day and they had it cranking in the parking lot and you know what... It did lift my spirits. Caught myself singing along.

Reactions: 3 users

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I'm with skeets and yup Christmas is not Christmas anymore with the people think they gotta spend a ton of money. To me it's just another day. And stores that open thanksgiving day to sell Christmas stuff earlyer should be ashamed. And shut down. I better stop there... I'll get in trouble...
Well, even being from Western PA like Skeets, I'm not with him on this one. IF he was saying what you are.

Do agree though that Christmas should start sometime in mid December maybe, and not the day after Thanksgiving day. AND should continue until the first days of January.

Last year we did not put up the tree, an artificial one. Actually it is up all year round, but kept in one of our daughter's bedrooms that is not used since they both flew the coop. I could have brought it down, but did not, since due to covid we would have no visitiors anyway. Just could not get into the spirit...

This year the tree will be in the living room. Things are a lot more normal now...

Reactions: 3 users

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
Drove into our little nearby town today, 3 or 4 houses all decorated. I enjoy looking at other people's lights.
That’s the truth! When I had kids at home snd lived in town, we were like “the Grizwalds” and had a blinding display of lights and accoutrements. It was fun, then…… I love looking at other peoples ingenuity, then I go home. In town, I’m sure it brings a smile to people that drive or walk by. Im so far back in the woods now, you couldn’t see any Christmas lights until your 200’ down my driveway.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I am always amazed at the effort people put into Christmas lights on their homes. I don't have the energy and never did, but I also appreciate the great feeling that comes from viewing the decorations put up by others...

A heartfelt thanks to all that make this effort. (y)