I Bought a John Deere?

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
A new JS48 push mower.:D
Only because Kubota quit making push mowers. Dealer gave it to me at cost. Needed it for trimming where I don't want to take the B2620.

quazz

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 and Z411
Jan 6, 2014
Rockley, NS
I have a John Deere LA145 Lawn Tractor and it has been flawless for 6 years of heavy usage. I have stayed on top of the maintenance and that helps a lot.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
About a hundred bucks Zeeman.

I wish I could try it but it is pouring rain again. Still haven't put the deck on my B because I was just finishing up some bush work with it.

I hope it's good Quazz. I did some research online and half of what I read said they are the greatest ever, and half said they are junk. From what I gathered they are Snappers.

But I do know I got it cheaper than the rear wheel drives at TSC/Sears/Canadian Tire that had smaller displacement engines. They were all $500 to $585.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Hmmm a couple of sheep would do the same thing, and you can put them in the freezer in the winter,,, just sayin,,:rolleyes:

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Hmmm a couple of sheep would do the same thing, and you can put them in the freezer in the winter,,, just sayin,,:rolleyes:
Ya, that would work for me too. And the wolves around here would probably prefer them too:D

Mikeske

Equipment
Kubota GR2120
May 9, 2014
Sedro Woolley, Washington
Here's some pics. And yes I bought seed and fertilizer to repair the damage my dog did all winter by the house. And yes the deck needs to be restained, LOL :(
I also have the same mower and it is a good mower but the issue I have is I do not bag with it and prefer to just let it side discharge as I use it mainly around my trees which are next to my front fence. so you lift the mulch plug and put on the plastic discharge chute, if anything touches the side discharge the cheap plastic discharge chute comes off and the mower will bog down because the grass gets a little taller then you can mulch. I finally got so annoyed by this that I finally just removed the mulch plug (it is spring loaded and snaps down real quick once the side discharge comes off which it is real easy to pop off). The mower works great without that dang burn mulch plug and simply rake the area and then run my GR2120 over the area.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Thanks for the heads-up Mikeske. I won't be using the bagger either. I am going to try it set for mulching and see how it goes.
How long do those fuel stabilizer cartridges last? And how often do you charge your battery?

Mikeske

Equipment
Kubota GR2120
May 9, 2014
Sedro Woolley, Washington
The fuel cartridge on mine lasted about a year and the I charge the battery every month. Nice push mower and it does what I want now without the mulch plug. When I did attempt to mulch it left clumps as I did not mow often enough around the trees, that is reason I just took the plug off.