Hyrdraulic dust caps no longer stay on

Dae06

May 10, 2018
Minnesota
My 2650 is 2 years old and the dust caps pop right off. They seem to have stretched and are doing no good. Anyone here have any tricks to get them to stay on?

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
The 'trick is.....

Go buy new ones. TSC or Farm and Fleet or your dealer or any dealer has them. They wear out after a while, loose their grip.

Reactions: 1 user

200mph

Equipment
L4740-3 Cab, FEL, Fnt Snow Blower L2185, LP Finish Mower, LP Rotary Mower
Mar 3, 2017
PA
I've found my local dealer to carry an assortment of colors and priced very competitive if not better than TSC or similar stores.

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
If you're into "make do" you may be able to find heat shrink tubing large enough to fit around them at an electrical supply store. Cut to length, slip it over the cover, shrink it. It may pull down on the plastic enough to tighten it on your fitting.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
the rubber ones mcmaster carr sells are top notch too. Less plasticy, more rubbery.

joea

Equipment
B21 TLB
Aug 2, 2020
Marbletown NY
the rubber ones mcmaster carr sells are top notch too. Less plasticy, more rubbery.
They list quite a few. Without actually going to the tractor right now, how would I know what type to order? The diagrams in the WSM to no say and do not match the MMC outlines exactly. But seem to be close to ISO series B.

B21 with BT751 BH

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
@joea
sorry took me so long to get back but I wanted to get my facts straight. Nothing is more confusing to me than hydraulic fittings...

The caps I used on my machine were for a set of ISO 5675 connectors and a set of Safeway S20's. They fit way better than the cheap colored plasticy ones I was provided by landpride that were similar to the ones at the loader. I would like to replace the set at the loader as well. The black rubber caps from mcmaster are so snug they will actually stay mated together when you arent using them to stop dirt while they are dangling about.

If you look at the very bottom of this catalog page, they do list a ISO Series B set.

Last edited:

joea

Equipment
B21 TLB
Aug 2, 2020
Marbletown NY
@joea
sorry took me so long to get back but I wanted to get my facts straight. Nothing is more confusing to me than hydraulic fittings...

The caps I used on my machine were for a set of ISO 5675 connectors and a set of Safeway S20's. They fit way better than the cheap colored plasticy ones I was provided by landpride that were similar to the ones at the loader. I would like to replace the set at the loader as well. The black rubber caps from mcmaster are so snug they will actually stay mated together when you arent using them to stop dirt from getting in while they are dangling about.

If you look at the very bottom of this catalog page, they do list a ISO Series B set.
NP. I need to go out and measure what I have.