Hydraulics

michmike

Equipment
B9200 HST D
Apr 18, 2020
Ionia, Mi USA
I am running a BF350 FEL on my B9200 HST tractor. Of course, I am not done yet with my current project, and it springs a hydraulic leak. Its coming from one of the steel lines that crossover from one side to the other toward the front of the fel. There are 4 steel lines and I would replace them all since I need to replace one that is leaking except I could only find the bottom 2 lines. Luckily the leaking line is one of those 2, and the other one is seriously rusted at the 90 so I figure it would be the next to go. I'd like to find the 2 top steel lines and replace them all since I will have to lost fluid when I do the bad line.

I found the bottom 2 steel lines at Messicks. Anyone have another source for Kubota parts? Messicks says the top 2 lines are no longer available from Kubota.

Soooooo, I figure to go ahead and replace the hydraulic filters and fluid, and figure the system will need bleeding? Anyone have any useful tips or has anyone done this and could give me some guidance? Thanks Kubota kin!

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I am running a BF350 FEL on my B9200 HST tractor. Of course, I am not done yet with my current project, and it springs a hydraulic leak. Its coming from one of the steel lines that crossover from one side to the other toward the front of the fel. There are 4 steel lines and I would replace them all since I need to replace one that is leaking except I could only find the bottom 2 lines. Luckily the leaking line is one of those 2, and the other one is seriously rusted at the 90 so I figure it would be the next to go. I'd like to find the 2 top steel lines and replace them all since I will have to lost fluid when I do the bad line.

I found the bottom 2 steel lines at Messicks. Anyone have another source for Kubota parts? Messicks says the top 2 lines are no longer available from Kubota.

Soooooo, I figure to go ahead and replace the hydraulic filters and fluid, and figure the system will need bleeding? Anyone have any useful tips or has anyone done this and could give me some guidance? Thanks Kubota kin!
Probably easier and cheaper to make new hard lines. If they are like the ones on my B7200/B1600 loader you can make replacements using JIC tees in place of the brazed/welded tees used on the originals. You will need a JIC flaring tool, tubing cutter and bender, and a stick, maybe two, of 3/8" hydraulic tube and fittings.

Dan

Reactions: 1 user

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
If you can’t source OEM and can’t/don’t care to make them yourself, I would suggest talking to a local hydraulic shop. They should be able to measure it up and make the lines for you.

Reactions: 1 user

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Ok, do I need to bleed the hydraulic system when I get it back together. If so whats the procedure?
Nothing special required. There will be a little air in the lines anytime you break and remake a hydraulic circuit. On open center systems like these just cycle the loader cylinders a couple times to purge the lines and you are good to go.

Dan

michmike

Equipment
B9200 HST D
Apr 18, 2020
Ionia, Mi USA
Nothing special required. There will be a little air in the lines anytime you break and remake a hydraulic circuit. On open center systems like these just cycle the loader cylinders a couple times to purge the lines and you are good to go.

Dan
Thanks!

michmike

Equipment
B9200 HST D
Apr 18, 2020
Ionia, Mi USA
Update-
What fun! LOL....I found and received the lower 2 of the 4 steel lines. Only the lower 2 were available (Messicks tells me the top two are 'unavailable' directly from Kubota), so I'm searching because they are rusted too, although not like the bottom 2. I suspect the tractor was stored outside at one time and the bottom 2 collect all the moisture from nature and if snow, it just sits there. Had to also replace one rubber line due to them being tightened by Hercules...lol. Stripped the fitting breaking it loose.
Holy frijolis! were they ever expensive. $300 for the 2 lines.....plus shipping. While I was ordering, I also ordered filters for the oil, tranny and fuel. So, 2 filters were under $15, one was $46. Shipping via FedEx for them and the 2 steel lines.....$268! Just the shipping! Total was just north of $700. Was just getting over the sticker shock and they arrived. 2 days! and I checked, it was shipped FedEx ground. So at least the ship time was great. Now they're all installed, everything tightened back down. Now its oil change time. Engine and tranny. Just have to find a small pump to refill the near 5 gal of tranny fluid. But we're moving forward, inch by inch.....

michmike

Equipment
B9200 HST D
Apr 18, 2020
Ionia, Mi USA
I imagine most people are replacing those lines with hydraulic hoses.
That would be easy. You couls fashion a metal cover to protect them from rocks and such coming dow on them from the backside of the bucket. But they have a boss on them near one on the 90's for another hose to connect one of the cylinders to the steel line. It would take a bit of engineering to add a 't' with the appropriate sized fittings, and to attach it and the lines down. Don't want the lines or those 't's flopping around. But I might be forced to do that when and if those other 2 steel lines fail.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
That would be easy. You couls fashion a metal cover to protect them from rocks and such coming dow on them from the backside of the bucket. But they have a boss on them near one on the 90's for another hose to connect one of the cylinders to the steel line. It would take a bit of engineering to add a 't' with the appropriate sized fittings, and to attach it and the lines down. Don't want the lines or those 't's flopping around. But I might be forced to do that when and if those other 2 steel lines fail.
At that price I am volunteering my fabrication services. Parts and material to make one of those steel lines would be roughly $25. All four for $200 is 100% profit.

Dan

Pau7220

Equipment
L3650 GST, Landpride TL250 FEL w/ Piranha, 6' King Kutter, GM1084R Finish
Aug 1, 2017
Scranton, PA
Coleman’s is pretty good too, if you’re wanting Kubota parts.

Last few times I ordered from Coleman's. Messicks was absolutely killing me on shipping. Last time I ordered the list was short one o-ring which they had to order. 2 days later it shows up fed ex in a box the size of a usps medium flat rate box... invoice inside had an additional $15.95 shipping on it! They wouldn't do anything to fix it either. Easily could have been put in a regular envelope for $.50.

Last edited:

michmike

Equipment
B9200 HST D
Apr 18, 2020
Ionia, Mi USA
Last few times I ordered from Coleman's. Messicks was absolutely killing me on shipping. Last time I ordered the list was short one o-ring which they had to order. 2 days later it shows up fed ex in a box the size of a usps medium flat rate box... invoice inside had an additional $15.95 shipping on it! They wouldn't do anything to fix it either. Easily could have been put in a regular envelope for $.50.
I am going to check them out.
Thanks