Hydraulic top link help needed

Tim

Feb 15, 2010
Tampa, Florida USA
I am interested in purchasing a hydraulic top link for my Kubota M5700. It is already factory plumbed for rear hydraulics. Is their a particular brand, style, feature, size, etc. I need to consider before I purchase? Any other issues I may need to consider?

Thanks in advance.

DBCSteve

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL, box scraper, Artillian forks & grapple, GR 2120 mower
Jul 23, 2011
Snohomish, WA
Having had my local Kubota dealer install a third party top and tilt kit, my advice is save $$ and talk with a local hydraulics shop. This is an area of their expertise. Be sure to tell them what equipment will be attached to the 3-point. My local shop, Valley Hydraulics in Woodland, California specializes in tractor hydraulics since we are in a large agricultural region.

I probably could have saved $500-800 on my top and tilt by having the hydraulics shop provide the parts and do the work (note that I did not have rear hydraulics like you have, so that was part of the expense).

Last edited:

Gundoctor

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota M7040 4x4/ BX2230 4x4/ JD MX 8/ Ford 101 Moldboard 3 bottom Plows -

Attachments

bruceatlam

Equipment
B20, FEL, box blade, flail mower
Aug 20, 2009
Camarillo, California
Make sure you get a top link cylinder with a double piloted check valve. You want to be able to purt the cylinder where you want it and not have to worry about any "drift" in or out. That check valve is necessary to accomplish that goal.