Hydraulic top link for MX6000

troverman

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC; 2020 Kubota Z421KW-54 zero turn mower
Jun 9, 2015
NH
Hi folks, looking to get a quality but inexpensive hydraulic top link for my MX6000 tractor. I don't care about tilt just the top link. Already have the remotes. I understand the MX is a Cat 1/2 hitch. Doing some quick research, it appears there are 2.5" cylinders and 3" cylinders, and most of the hydraulic range is somewhere between 8-12" total. For my MX6000, what would be the recommended setup - the 2.5" cylinder or 3", and what length is appropriate? I primarily have a 1,000lb flail mower on the back. Aside from hoses, would I need anything else?

Thanks in advance.

troverman

Equipment
Jun 9, 2015
NH
This is what I found “off the shelf.” My concern is the link has massive travel, but cannot get short enough.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca

We have similar sized machines. Don't go smaller than 2.5" x 10" stroke. I got mine at PA on sale during covid for like $100 and free shipping. I'm happy with it but I wish sometimes it had a 12" stroke. Two hoses and couplers and I was off to the races.

No check valves in mine and I haven't had drift issues. If money was no object and I didn't mind waiting 6 months I'd go with a fit-right-hydraulics TNT kit with built in check valves and get the correct stroke lengths.

Everything goes on sale at PA if you can wait you can get everything cheap and cheerful. Keep an eye out for the bi-monthly sale flyer.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

troverman

Equipment
Jun 9, 2015
NH
There are others I'm sure, but as I mentioned, you will not fine the ideal unit on the shelf any where.
It needs to be built.

This one would be better, still not ideal though.

You can always order the right one and just wait
Poor planning on my part I guess. I see you're the guy that build these things custom that everybody recommends; I'm curious what would be different on yours to make it better? Would yours have a tractor-side ball end that fits my Kubota better? And maybe a longer stroke (I think I read yours have a 12" stroke)? From what I can understand though, your cost would probably be double the price of these, and a 36" wait time? I have no doubt it would be better, and I appreciate the other option from the "off-the-shelf" store you showed me, even if its not idea.

troverman

Equipment
Jun 9, 2015
NH

We have similar sized machines. Don't go smaller than 2.5" x 10" stroke. I got mine at PA on sale during covid for like $100 and free shipping. I'm happy with it but I wish sometimes it had a 12" stroke. Two hoses and couplers and I was off to the races.

No check valves in mine and I haven't had drift issues. If money was no object and I didn't mind waiting 6 months I'd go with a fit-right-hydraulics TNT kit with built in check valves and get the correct stroke lengths.

Everything goes on sale at PA if you can wait you can get everything cheap and cheerful. Keep an eye out for the bi-monthly sale flyer.
Never heard of PA, but I see it is in Canada. Seems like for a little more money, the option MtnViewRanch mentioned is superior with a longer stroke and large rod diameter. My concern is simply whether the tractor-end of the ball would fit.

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
Second on Fitrite have seen lots of compliments on these forums. Personally I got my TnT when the tractor was purchased so mine are from Kubota. They are invaluable...especially on uneven terrain with a landscape rake or rear blade.

troverman

Equipment
Jun 9, 2015
NH
Yes, my units fit correctly straight out of the box. No fooling around with anything.
Installation might take 10-15 minutes. If you get the complete kit, it will come with the correct size flow restrictors for that cylinder size that are built into the port adaptor fittings, not an added on fitting.
I use narrow cat 2 size ball swivel ends. The tractor end has a pressed in reducer bushing and the implement end has a floating reducer bushing for use with both cat 1 and cat 2 implements.

I am a one man operation that builds each and every unit.
I typically have around 200 orders in line, thus the long lead times.

I could go on, but there is a reason that I am out 36 weeks, and that reason is not because of lack of materials or waiting for parts.
Thanks MtnViewRanch. They look very nice; I haven't decided what to do at this point.

troverman

Equipment
Jun 9, 2015
NH
I ended up buying the generic top link from AgriStore, specifically the one MtnViewRanch said would be the closest. It arrived very quickly; I bought it with the hoses with the ball fittings and a couple of adapters. Spent probably one hour last night grinding down the tractor-side ball ends and used a metal chop saw to cut the bushing adapter down. Hooked up the hoses and voila...works awesome. I'm completely happy with the range of motion. In this case, I wanted the use of this new cylinder right away and 36 weeks was a bit too much, but that long of a wait time speaks to the quality of the product and the satisfaction of MtnViewRanch's customers. Thanks everyone for the suggestions and help.

Keadog

Equipment
MX 6000
Dec 22, 2021
Ohio
I got one without a check valve for my MX6000 and it floats way too much, especially when the SAYA 507 is on.
Mistake for me there. Probably replace it over winter/before spring planting.
As far as travel. I measured my implements when on and used the min/max for them as a guide as to which unit to order.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I got one without a check valve for my MX6000 and it floats way too much, especially when the SAYA 507 is on.
As far as travel. I measured my implements when on and used the min/max for them as a guide as to which unit to order.
Buy a check valve for the cylinder.

Dan

Reactions: 1 user

Keadog

Equipment
MX 6000
Dec 22, 2021
Ohio
Are these a universal fit (if you know)? I didn't see installation instructions on the site.

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
Depending on the circumstances, but some times a simple on-off hydraulic rated ball valve is a good solution and less money than the check valve.

Attachments

Popgadget

Equipment
L6060
Mar 11, 2020
PA
I have the fit rite on my L6060 and it is perfect fit and the stroke is exactly right as well. It was worth the wait for me.