Hydraulic slow lifting issue

small&mighty99

Jun 16, 2009
Braselton Ga. USA
Hello folks,
I have started to see some change in the speed of the 3-pnt. lift of my Tractor, as some of you may know I no longer have my Orange buddy, I am now the owner of a compact Red one, (Yan) yeah I really hated to see it go.. But It was time for a larger one that would work the FEL , and the price was right for Red, maybe in the future I can get another larger Orange,
here is the problem ----> The lift and all else has been working fine up until now, as i said I will be installing the FEL soon and have already made the cut into the pressure line directly off the Hydro pump,and installed a loop to keep the Fluid in positive flow until the loader will be installed,
(Picture attached )
this has been done for a couple weeks and the lift has still been working properly and I've been using the tractor all along with disc harrow and pulverizer,box scrap, etc,
estimated weight of each implement, approx 375-425 lbs. been lifting these good with no problems, in fact it still will lift them now only it take about 30secound to get them up to full lift, insted of a quick 2-sec lift as has been, OK! here is what I've tried doing, drain and changed the hydro/trans fluid with 5-gal of 303, clean filter/screen, open lock valve all the way, note: can shut off lock valve and the lift will continue to hold up as it should, although no change at any increments of the knob is noticed in the speed of lift,
I then removed the plunger/piston and inspect the O-ring and to be sure it had not stuck all was OK..... replace and still no change,.... the absolute only thing I have change was the adjustment of the down speed, it was set to slam down, I set the T valve to have it go down a bit slower, and the lift continued to work great after doing this for several uses, it seem to have simply started after the 3rd day of this adjustment and over nite, and problem started the next time in use,....... I set the down speed to the way it was originally " slam down" but still no change in the lift speed, The only thing that will speed up the lift "even a little" is if I throttle up to about 2-k rpm. when as before it could lift easily at idel speed of 800-1000 rpm
any advice or help would be Thankful... and (((( Greatful ))))

Last edited:

bruceatlam

Equipment
B20, FEL, box blade, flail mower
Aug 20, 2009
Camarillo, California
I'll suggest that you take a look at the QD's you've installed there in your loop. May just be that one of them is no longer seated well enough to allow the flow that you need from your pump to your TPH. Then again, may not have anything to do with the problem, but those QD's can become very restictive if not seated properly.

small&mighty99

Jun 16, 2009
Braselton Ga. USA
Update! OK here is one other thing I am looking into as I am putting things back in line and eliminating the QD's and loop,.......... I left the loop line connected to the pump side and removed the QD's on the other end while cranking over the engine/Hyd pump I watch to see how much pressure was pushing the Fluid along at this point? I'm no expert on how to tell fluid pressure, does this look normal? it definitely has more force at this location then it did when I test at the rear Banjoe fitting, but it still looks rather weak or am I wrong? is this as much to be expected? (Note:) I am only turning over engine not allowing it to start so it would most likely have a bit more pressure once engine is started,..... the picture I have taken captures it in still motion the way the fluid is moving in the rubber line, kinda looks like cork screw twisting,
would this be a sort of restriction maybe causing problem in the fluid/oil?
I notice what fluid went into the bucket looked a little discolored to be fresh fluid/oil. Vic...I feed a wire thru the vent loop under the seat and the wire went quit a distance, so I'm sure the vent is clear, I will be going forward with the removal of the QD's and re-installing a the section of Hard line as you suggested, ..... I certainly Hope I can get this resolved soon, the mounting bracket I'm having made up is suppose to be in 1 day this week, I'm excited about getting the FEL all hooked up although must have good pressure in order to use it... Right!
what you think about this oil pressure guy's?
Thanks! for Helping

Last edited:

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
well at least you "proved" there was nothing wrong with your pump!!:eek:
A worn out pump wouldn't have broke!;)
Never tried jb weld to fix a broken pump but what have you to lose except your time?
Ed Service

Doug

Equipment
L175, L2350
Aug 24, 2009
Oregon/California
Hoye Tractor has a new YM1700 Yanmar pump (HHP-2000) for $373.99... Their prices seem pretty good. I just ordered a steering wheel for my Kubota L175 from them and UPS is supposed to deliver it tomorrow. Communication between them (Sam) is good also.. well SD Vic :cool: is better of course.. but for Yanmar 1700 you might give them a try/call. For a comparison, Messick's sells a pump for a Kubota L225 (34150-36402) for $432.75 so this is about 50 bucks cheaper... maybe cause you have a RED and not a ORANGE tractor anymore... :p and one last place I can think of would be http://www.tractorhydraulicpump.com/... although they do not list Yamar they do list Kubota's and cost about $250.00 or so :)

Last edited: