hydraulic quick connections for FEL

eddie

Oct 17, 2009
ottawa ontario
good day folks...i'm a little bit curious if any of you have had difficulties reconnecting your hydraulic connections because of a lot of pressure in the implement cylinders? Is this even possible and if not what am i doing wrong when i reconnect my FEL? Thanks and enjoy the break if you are taking the day off.

eddie

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
good day folks...i'm a little bit curious if any of you have had difficulties reconnecting your hydraulic connections because of a lot of pressure in the implement cylinders? Is this even possible and if not what am i doing wrong when i reconnect my FEL? Thanks and enjoy the break if you are taking the day off.

eddie

Hi Eddie,
After the tractor is off try using all available hydraulic controls to dump it's pressure. If you still have problems then you could always try taking a skinny screw driver to depress the innards of the quick disconnect to release any pressure. Just make sure you have a rag covering so you can control the squirt :D

Scott

eddie

Oct 17, 2009
ottawa ontario
Thanks for the help Traildust, I bled off some of the pressure at one of the FEL cylinders and now I can depress the valve in the quick coupling. Whatever you were doing when you posted that reply, I hope it worked out.

Thanks for keeping the forum a fun place.

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Yo, Dusty Trusty........

Yeah you wasn't watchn TV.......:D
Actually, my kids used to have those water toys. The water is filled with a special fitting into surgical tubing. The fabric sleeve on the outside is to protect the kid when the thing explodes. Quite frightening when that happens.

Scott

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Thanks for the help Traildust, I bled off some of the pressure at one of the FEL cylinders and now I can depress the valve in the quick coupling. Whatever you were doing when you posted that reply, I hope it worked out.

Thanks for keeping the forum a fun place.

No problem at all Eddie, I'm glad I could help.

Also, all work and no play is for suckers :D

Scott