hydraulic line caps

jpf

Feb 26, 2016
butler, ga USA
how do you keep them on?
when I run my b2301 without the loader the protective line caps don't stay on and the connectors get very dirty.
I know it's easy to clean the connectors before attaching them but I would rather they STAY clean before attaching them.
so how about it, what do you do?

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
Sometimes for problems like this you can use a propane torch and near-melt the plastic and distort it while soft, resulting in a better fit. I've use a soldering gun to "damage" smooth plastic some, enough to make it more usable in some situations.
Better practice on some other stuff first.

Technical Ted

Equipment
L3560/cab LA805 loader LandPride RCF2060 rotary cutter, HLA hyd angle snow blade
Jul 2, 2016
Dansville NY
Which ones come off? The ones covering the female ends, male ends or both? If it's the ones covering the female ends, pull the ring back on the quick coupling to make sure the plug is going all the way in. The balls will help hold them in. If it's the ones covering the males, maybe wrap a piece of wire around them to help???

Mine go on so tight I have a hard time getting them on/off...

Good luck,
Ted

Diydave

Equipment
L2202 tractor, L185f tractor
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
You might want to make yourself a "glove" of sorts, that goes over the caps, maybe held on with a bungee cord, or big rubber band. You could prolly actually make it out of an odd glove, come to think of it...:D:D

GWD

Equipment
M7040, L48 TLB, BX2200
Jan 8, 2010
Northern California
As already mentioned, the caps on the female ends go into the fitting just like the male fitting does. You have to engage the locking mechanism by pulling back the collar.

On the male ends, the cap slides on so gravity (and some tightness) holds it in place. If the piece of tethering rubber that is attached is stiff, I can see how it might work its way off.

How about trying some rubber chair feet of the correct size. I would think that those would be a cheap answer. The price of an OEM replacement is ridiculous...even the aftermarket ones at Tractor Supply.