Hydraulic leak

Greg w

Equipment
L3901
Sep 3, 2022
Ok so there is a hydraulic hard line fro the filter going into the block. It is leaking right where it goes to the block. Bolt seems right but the leak is pretty steady drip. What is the fix? And this is the second time I’ve had this issue. Anyone aware of a guard that can be added to protect this attachment. Seems pretty vulnerable

Greg w

Equipment
L3901
Sep 3, 2022
Ok so there is a hydraulic hard line fro the filter going into the block. It is leaking right where it goes to the block. Bolt seems right but the leak is pretty steady drip. What is the fix? And this is the second time I’ve had this issue. Anyone aware of a guard that can be added to protect this attachment. Seems pretty vulnerable
6A85CD9E-FB2C-40F8-AC52-CCA6FE35FC5B.jpeg
6A85CD9E-FB2C-40F8-AC52-CCA6FE35FC5B.jpeg Here’s a photo of the conection

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
I think that is a very poor design, just look at the bend in the flat part. Maybe it should have a bend but how much?

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Poor design and difficult to replace.

I assume that there is an o-ring behind the plate and the tube may go through the plate and then through the o-ring and into a hole. You can try to make another piece that is trying to apply pressure on the plate near the tube with a u-shape to fit around the tube.

Before that I would suggest you get the tube out and clean the hole in the tractor and the tube. Flatten the plate if possible but don’t stress the tube doing that. Then apply the oring onto the tube and apply a non hardening sealant like Hylomar and reassemble the joint. Then try to support the tube and joint to the tractor so that there is less movement between the tube and case where the hole is in the tractor.

Reactions: 1 user

Shadetree605

Equipment
kubota b2100
May 1, 2022
north little rock, ar
flat part on metal where the tube goes up into the block is bent from what i see ?. straighten it out, install a new o-ring back onto the end of the tube that goes up into the block. be warned ::!!!, o-rings from harbor freight kits do not work !.

Reactions: 1 user

Greg w

Equipment
L3901
Sep 3, 2022
flat part on metal where the tube goes up into the block is bent from what i see ?. straighten it out, install a new o-ring back onto the end of the tube that goes up into the block. be warned ::!!!, o-rings from harbor freight kits do not work !.
Thank you. So looks like I will be pulling this off today and I’m sure I’m going to find out but this sounds like the only thing keeping this sealed is an o ring? And any shifting of this line causes a leak. It is the second time iv had the first sauce. First I had repaired at dealer. This coupling is right on the belly of the tractor is there any way or like a skid plate that can be added. Something made to protect this weak spot.

Greg w

Equipment
L3901
Sep 3, 2022
Poor design and difficult to replace.

I assume that there is an o-ring behind the plate and the tube may go through the plate and then through the o-ring and into a hole. You can try to make another piece that is trying to apply pressure on the plate near the tube with a u-shape to fit around the tube.

Before that I would suggest you get the tube out and clean the hole in the tractor and the tube. Flatten the plate if possible but don’t stress the tube doing that. Then apply the oring onto the tube and apply a non hardening sealant like Hylomar and reassemble the joint. Then try to support the tube and joint to the tractor so that there is less movement between the tube and case where the hole is in the tractor.
Thank you Are you aware of a skid plate or something similar to protect this area. This is a very poor spot for such a weak conection

Shadetree605

Equipment
kubota b2100
May 1, 2022
north little rock, ar
Thank you. So looks like I will be pulling this off today and I’m sure I’m going to find out but this sounds like the only thing keeping this sealed is an o ring? And any shifting of this line causes a leak. It is the second time iv had the first sauce. First I had repaired at dealer. This coupling is right on the belly of the tractor is there any way or like a skid plate that can be added. Something made to protect this weak spot.
i do not know of any skid plates for this area on your tractor ?. i have a b2100, and it too has lines in odd places under it. perhaps you could drill and tap some holes in the main frame on the sides, wrap you some metal around and over the bottom, in other words, make a home made skid plate. yes..an o-ring is the only thing keeping this tube sealed, been there, done that a few times putting my b2100 back together..lol.

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada
If you post some wider angle views, there are lots of talented guys on here that can offer good suggestions on how to build one.

GSD-Keegan

Equipment
B2601 with Fel and Bh70 backhoe
Mar 6, 2021
Ontario, Canada
If that were mine, I would follow suggestions as posted. Then make up another hold down bracket that would go around the tube and fasten with the same bolt, on top of the original bracket. May need a longer bolt? Something like a distributor hold down clamp of the old days….😀

Mlarv

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 19, 2020
Crossville TN
BXpanded makes belly armor. I am not sure how far forward you need to cover to cover this, but it is worth a look.