Hydraulic fluid out of transmission vent

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
There was a video on YouTube of a guy who had a m of some size with fluid leaking like you describe.... I can’t find it at the moment....
I occasionally have oil blow out the vent on my m7060, not sure why, I take it as free (well, expensive) undercoating. Usually happens using an implement or when on Unlevel ground. (Only an inch or 2 out seems to make it difficult to get a good read on the puny dipstick, then a 1/2 gallon overfills it.....)

Watching with curiosity, hope it’s nothing serious
Keep in mind that when the gearcase is full of fluid, the fluid level should be just below the stub shaft (pto) when the tractor is level. I agree the dipstick is puny and hard to read which i one reason why I use Chevron THC synthetic all weather fluid. It comes dyed orange of all things and the cold weather flowability is better than the SUDT is. It's also as expensive as the SUDT in 5's. My old eyes cannot see the fluid level with SUDT in the gearbox anyway. Why I punched holes at the min and max marks on the dipstick 1/16th inch holes will bridge with fluid and make it easy to see the actual fluid level.

Don't want mine overfilled anyway because I exchange PTO stub shafts pretty regularly. My HDCC3 has the 2 speed pto option but it's a shaft exchange (540- 6 spline and 1000 21 spline). I use the 21/1000 shaft when running less power intensive implements like my hay rake or grain leg because I don't need to run at rated rpm to achieve 540. The motor is out of it's torque rise idled down but those implements don't demand a lot of power to run anyway.

If the fluid is above the pto stub when the tractor is level, exchanging shafts can be very messy (fluid runs out) so I keep the level at the bottom of the stub shaft to eliminate the mess. I still back the tractor up on ramps, nose down when I change out the shafts as a precaution. Not into making a mess on the concrete.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Here is a M9000DT suction line print.
Possible leak points in yellow.
Others sub models might have variations of this setup.
You would be looking for a wet spot as suction line leaks only seep fluid when parked and not running.

M9000 suction leak.JPG

Reactions: 1 user

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Nice job highlighting the routing. The not highlighted hose above the ones you highlighted is the return to case hose that taps into the backside of the PTO case.

I'd make doubly sure the filter gaskets aren't doubled. Happened to me before and the filters are kind of difficult to access without pulling the right hand wheel off, which I don't.

The pump manifold is a casting but everything else is flexible hose. Just went out and looked at mine.

I'd say the OP is sucking air on the suction side of the pump. Kind of surprised he cannot feel it when he operates the front end loader.

In as much as Kubota discontinued the M9 series in 2004 (I think), the tractors are getting some age and hours on them and hose failures I'm sure are occurring. Hoses don't last forever.

bsamot69

Equipment
M9000
Jul 31, 2018
Grapeland, Texas
It took some time but eventually removed the suction tube, couple of times, and replaced all the orings. Verified the filters were not double gasketed and brazed a hole rubbed in tube. Alas, the problem of fluid coming out of vent persists. I am going to power wash the area under the tractor, get rid of all residue, see if and where seepage may be coming from. Are there other causes of this aerated fluid from vent that I should be considering?

Special_K_Side

Equipment
R-520,S,ST
Aug 5, 2022
British Columbia, Canada
Alas, the problem of fluid coming out of vent persists. I am going to power wash the area under the tractor, get rid of all residue, see if and where seepage may be coming from. Are there other causes of this aerated fluid from vent that I should be considering?

Not a mechanic, but sure do
Love our KubotaR520 /S/ST loaders! Not familiar at all with your equipment but our loaders with the same issue (4 wheel drive articulating loaders blowing hydraulic fluid through the transmission vent tube seems to be caused by a failed seal between the hydraulic/spring loaded ebrake that is bolted between the front drive shaft and runs through the transmission to rear differential! I am not happy about this failure as I have 2 R520/S with the same issue! One of which has also lost the seal to the rear differential and is filling it up with hydraulic fluid! The ebrake is spring loaded for actuating and hydraulic release so. K ow when I pull that puppy off it will grenade! Will try it on a blown up rear end I have first, then take pics and try and reassemble then work on the other one! Give me a
Week or so for shit fits of giggles as I try and fix this!