Hydraulic contorl for snow blwoer chute rotation??

JWATT51

Equipment
Kubota B2620
Dec 31, 2010
Wilmington.MA.
Brian
Here is how a fellow did with an actuator. Looks good, but I wonder how it will hold up in the cold, ice and moisture.
That picture is of my actuator I installed.I did get to try it out during the past storm we had here in MA. and it didn't freeze up or stop.I sprayed everything down with silicon spray before the storm,so I think that helped a lot. I also used liquid electrical tape to brush on and seal anything I thought might let water in.It turns to a rubber and helps seal things.

Attachments

Last edited:

yooper jim

Equipment
BX2660
May 15, 2010
Northern Michigan
JWATT51
Nice job. I'm thinking of trying that out. Would mounting it upside down help with preventing moisture entering the actuator? Does the bracket only have one bolt in it so it pivots?

Was looking to do something hyd like this, but the actuator would be less expensive. The valve and valve base is more than the actuator. Plus I would still need a cyl, hoses and fittings.

Jim

JWATT51

Equipment
Kubota B2620
Dec 31, 2010
Wilmington.MA.
yes,I only put one nut and bolt on the bracket.I figured I'd try it out the way I have it and if for some reason water does get in,I'll try it upside down.It seemed to work good on the last storm.

GEP

Jun 16, 2010
Benton Harbor, Mi
That picture is of my actuator I installed.I did get to try it out during the past storm we had here in MA. and it didn't freeze up or stop.I sprayed everything down with silicon spray before the storm,so I think that helped a lot. I also used liquid electrical tape to brush on and seal anything I thought might let water in.It turns to a rubber and helps seal things.
Would you be so kind and tell me where you puchased the actuator and the motor to turn the shute.
Thanks

GEP

Jun 16, 2010
Benton Harbor, Mi
anyone have plans or photos of one you built. i have a BX25 with a BX2750A snow blower. all manual cranks.
I have a elictric one,very simple and cheep, from diverant site i am on.
Have to figure out how to get the pic on this site. If you want i can e-mail it to you if you need it.

JWATT51

Equipment
Kubota B2620
Dec 31, 2010
Wilmington.MA.
I bought the actuator for the deflector from surpluscenter.com.The actuator part # is 5-1577-4. the bracket is part# 5-1577-B and I also ordered 2 DPDT open center momentary 20amp toggle switches. I found the rotator motor on Ebay, I searched 12 volt DC motors and found a 50 rpm gear motor for $59 I used some aluminum pieces I found around the garage for a mounting base.

tommygun

Equipment
2620 fel,60"mmm.front blade 51"high capacity snow blower
Mar 20, 2011
bellefonte pa
There are a lot of ways to do a hyd chute rotater. This is one I made out of an old hyd. motor. I also made it so the chute can go 360 rotation.
do you have to reduce hydraulic pressure to the rotator motor?do you have any part number for the hydraulic motor?

tommygun

Equipment
Mar 20, 2011
bellefonte pa
this post is a question for So Cal Kubota.can you use line pressure to the hydraulic motor?would you have a part number for that motor?it looks like a clean install.Thanks for any help.

lahoyer

Equipment
B7100 and a bunch of attachments
Nov 12, 2010
Danbury,Wisconsin
I used an old power window motor with a DPDT switch to run it. Works wonderfully and cheap! and no extra hydraulic lines to mess with.

SoCal Kubota

Equipment
BX24, BX2750D
Nov 5, 2009
Running Springs, CA.
this post is a question for So Cal Kubota.can you use line pressure to the hydraulic motor?would you have a part number for that motor?it looks like a clean install.Thanks for any help.
The motors can take over 2000 PSI. Most of them are slow, look for a faster one.

The one I used is 50 years old. had the line made at hose supply. About $150 in the hole thing. This is one place to get parts.
http://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?item=9-7076-50&catname=hydraulic

tommygun

Equipment
Mar 20, 2011
bellefonte pa
thanks for the information,surplus centre shows several motors what rpm would you suggest?