Hydraulic Chute Hood added to a BX2616 Snowblower

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I got this idea from another member who make a lengthy post about having the 3rd function valve, and the dealer wants to add a diverter valve to operate the chute hood on his new tractor. He looked at it and came up with a way to save $500 on his installation.
Being that I already had a Kubota cylinder and hoses from an old Kubota plow I ordered the parts necessary to hold the cylinder to the chute hood and started putting together my thoughts as to how to best do this modification. I installed the cylinder and used the old hoses to mock up my thoughts. Since there were already holes on the side of the chute for the former electric chute deflector, I used one of those holes to retain the hose clamp in place. If this works out as well as I believe it should I will remove the bolt and weld the hose clamping plate to the chute. The first picture is of the one that I modeled mine after. I can't find who posted that picture so I can't give him the credit that is due. The rest of the pictures are what I cobbled together using old stiff hoses. I was unable to find the instructions for installing this chute deflector cylinder on a BX80 series tractor. Your suggestions and comments are welcome. Thanks,
BX2821A.JPG
MVC-002L.JPG
MVC-003L.JPG
MVC-004L.JPG
MVC-005L.JPG
MVC-006L.JPG
MVC-007L.JPG
MVC-008L.JPG
MVC-009L.JPG
Dusty

Reactions: 1 user

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
looks like it will work good. Also what cab do you have on your tractor. The front window looks like its a very nice cab.??
It is a Kubota Deluxe cab manufactured by Curtis Industries of West Boylston MA. I believe that they are making all the cabs for Kubota now. Excellent fit and finish, and the only thing that I have had problems with are the rubber seals that they buy. They push onto the edges of the door and the inside plastic, and they come loose after a while. I spoke to the installing dealer about this, and he told me that was the only complaint that they have received. I used 3M Black Super Weatherstrip adhesive to reattach the rubber to the bottom of the doors. They also offer a sealing kit for all the holes in the floor and levers to seal them from cold air, however, I didn't opt for it because of the expense of purchase and installation. I can always add it should it be necessary for the future.

Orange1forme

Equipment
B2650 HSDC, filled tires, wheel spacers, B2728B , LA534A FEL, 3rd valve kit
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
Looks like that should work.

On my B2782B, for the B2650, the cylinder elbows are pointing down.
I think this is to provide the slack needed to allow rotation.
Also, there is no retainer on the chute for the hoses, it would not allow proper hose movement.

If this orientation gives you plenty of slack and no kinks/binding, then go with it. Just make sure, if you did not already, that you rotate that chute in full right and left and up and down to make sure you have enough hose slack.

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Looks like that should work.

On my B2782B, for the B2650, the cylinder elbows are pointing down.
I think this is to provide the slack needed to allow rotation.
Also, there is no retainer on the chute for the hoses, it would not allow proper hose movement.

If this orientation gives you plenty of slack and no kinks/binding, then go with it. Just make sure, if you did not already, that you rotate that chute in full right and left and up and down to make sure you have enough hose slack.
These hoses are a pair that were attached to the cylinder and will need to be replaced with new hoses, and I can order the length that will work best. Might you be able to post a picture of your setup? thanks, Dusty

Orange1forme

Equipment
B2650 HSDC, filled tires, wheel spacers, B2728B , LA534A FEL, 3rd valve kit
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
These hoses are a pair that were attached to the cylinder and will need to be replaced with new hoses, and I can order the length that will work best. Might you be able to post a picture of your setup? thanks, Dusty
Basically the same as this set up:

At about 3:15 is a good look at it all.